Author Topic: Map crashing my game  (Read 2002 times)

Offline DangusMangus

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Most active on my dA
    • CatCoveredInChalk
    • View Profile
Map crashing my game
« on: May 24, 2016, 02:25:26 pm »
Hello.~
I've downloaded a beta map to test it out for a roleplay that will launch soon, but everytime, after installing it, I try to check it out, my game crashes Not instantly though. The map works fine for two other people, but for me it crashes. I even reinstalled my game.
Any solutions or ides how to fix this issue?
In-game - Orchee
deviantART - CatCoveredInChalk

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Map crashing my game
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 02:29:59 pm »
Be sure that you are putting the files in the right folder. It's often time very easy to accidentally misplace a file. When the game is crashing for you, does it only crash when entering that specific map, or does it crash on the startup page?

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 02:37:31 pm »
Is there a certain weather or particle file you needed to download with the map?

Or did the person who created the map intend to send a weather file for random rain or snow, but you never had to put one in?

Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline DangusMangus

• Most active on my dA
    • CatCoveredInChalk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 04:18:40 pm »
Be sure that you are putting the files in the right folder. It's often time very easy to accidentally misplace a file. When the game is crashing for you, does it only crash when entering that specific map, or does it crash on the startup page?

It crashes only in that map, so for sure it's the map what's bugged.

Is there a certain weather or particle file you needed to download with the map?

Or did the person who created the map intend to send a weather file for random rain or snow, but you never had to put one in?

No, ther eare weather files that I placed in my exports folder, but I'd never think it's the weather files that are bugged. As for particles, I don't think there are any. If there are, I'm not sure in what object file.
In-game - Orchee

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 04:41:35 pm »
To check for particles just go to media > particles.

As for your map crashing, if your map is huge then maybe you should try resizing it. If it works for a couple of others and it crashes for you after a short while then maybe your computer can't handle the load. ( I could be wrong but that happens to me sometimes whenever I go into a huge / laggy map )

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 04:44:34 pm »
If the weather is a custom made weather file (one with a totally new image- for example, falling leaves), the new texture must be placed in the textures folder that holds all the other weather particle images or else the game won't recognize the new weather and 'twill crash.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline DangusMangus

• Most active on my dA
    • CatCoveredInChalk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 05:10:49 pm »
To check for particles just go to media > particles.

As for your map crashing, if your map is huge then maybe you should try resizing it. If it works for a couple of others and it crashes for you after a short while then maybe your computer can't handle the load. ( I could be wrong but that happens to me sometimes whenever I go into a huge / laggy map )
The map isn't mine. I had the idea that it may crash due to large amount of meshes, but compared to the other ones I had it should be working fine. As for particles folder, I  have it deleted as I know that it may cause tons of crashing issues.

If the weather is a custom made weather file (one with a totally new image- for example, falling leaves), the new texture must be placed in the textures folder that holds all the other weather particle images or else the game won't recognize the new weather and 'twill crash.
So, if I just delete the weather files, should it be working fine? I'll ask the owner if she had made any particular textures for any new weather files, but I'm quite sure she doesn't know how to make those.
In-game - Orchee

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 07:42:07 pm »
No, ye do need the files to allow it to work. If the map crashes immediately, it may not be a missing weather texture- unless the weather is going on at that time or it plays non-stop.

From what I've read in y'er first post, it doesn't immediately crash? If that's the case, ask one of the people who do not 'ave issues with the map to come with ye and wait f'er ye to crash. If they see the weather b'gin when ye crash, then 'tis an issue with a missing or corrupted weather texture/file.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧