Author Topic: Regarding the site Documentation.  (Read 1171 times)

CrystalSprint

Regarding the site Documentation.
« on: January 03, 2012, 01:55:38 pm »
Is this EVER going to be fixed? It hasn't been correct since I began playing this game. I've literally had to figure everything out for myself. Documentation is a crucial part of any software, and to have it displayed but not really there is just wasting peoples time. It wouldn't be as big a deal if there was some other form of tutorial, and the documentation would not be necessarily for casual users, but then advanced users still have a hard time finding information. Learning how your engine uses terrain masks was a painful experience for me. I would ask you Admins either fix it or remove the links on the homepage.
Because, lets face it. As mystical and wise as ",csmf,ms.adma.,mda,." sounds, it doesn't really help me make presets.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:59:18 pm by Tristam Cooke »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding the site Documentation.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 02:06:14 pm »
About the documentation part when it comes to the terrainmasks we already brought this up in the staff room not too long ago, and there has been someone assigned to write this one as soon as they get time.

When it comes to the other documentation parts they are indeed missing out on a few updates. But during the time when there was most focus on them back when the game was released it easily got outdated some due to the changes done inside the game, not to mention that most that do need more help than the documentation page gives usually respond with going to the help section which many seem ok with, some even skip the documentation part all together to be really honest.

There's also a possibility that some changes are going to be made to the layout of the site sometime soon in the future, and if the old documentation page will stay, move or change is uncertain now for most I believe. This is also most likely a cause why pages aren't getting updated since they all serve a decent purpose as they are(cept the terrainmask), and if they were rewritten the work doing so might be thrown in the lake unless we know for certain what will happen and how long it can stay.

I will probably be able to push some time away and update a few of the first one instead of making maps if the demand is that big right now, but I'm just not certain if it would be the most actual task the staff must deal with at "this" moment.

Hope this cleared things up.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

CrystalSprint

Re: Regarding the site Documentation.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 02:34:50 pm »
I appreciate the quick responses, I hope you can settle the issue swiftly, for everyone. If it would help, I could write about then features I know about for the pages temporarily or otherwise.