Author Topic: GIMP?  (Read 1826 times)

Offline kcatd35

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • Anything~Random
    • View Profile
GIMP?
« on: June 30, 2014, 09:26:27 pm »
I went and checked out GIMP earlier but I didnt know if the download was free, So is it free?

People in the Image,  Vask, Sagitta, Scarlett (The Grey Wolf> Me) Rin, and SeizureWhale

R.I.P- DarkPetal
R.I.P- Genisis

AlphaEclipse

Re: GIMP?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 09:27:59 pm »
Gimp is a free, safe program as long as you download it from here: gimp.org ^^

Offline kcatd35

• Dedicated Supporter
    • Anything~Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 09:37:14 pm »
Ok I'm downloading it now, Should I just leave it in downloads or do I have to run a set up or sometime after its downloaded?

People in the Image,  Vask, Sagitta, Scarlett (The Grey Wolf> Me) Rin, and SeizureWhale

R.I.P- DarkPetal
R.I.P- Genisis

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 09:43:45 pm »
Ok I'm downloading it now, Should I just leave it in downloads or do I have to run a set up or sometime after its downloaded?
You can download it to "downloads" (I prefer saving to desktop), but after you'll need to click the setup and setup Gimp.

Offline kcatd35

• Dedicated Supporter
    • Anything~Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 09:48:24 pm »
I'm confused, There is no set up...

R.I.P- DarkPetal
R.I.P- Genisis

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 09:55:07 pm »
Hmmm... A gimp thing should pop up and do the setup thingie, really all it is is just the language I think.... Not sure. Maybe post screenies on what is happening or something. Idk.

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline kcatd35

• Dedicated Supporter
    • Anything~Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 09:56:39 pm »
Can someone give me the link to the exact download I need to get? I might have gotten the wrong one

R.I.P- DarkPetal
R.I.P- Genisis

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 10:00:01 pm »
I'll guide you step-by-step guide here.
I gave you the right link, but here's direct. Download the version you want. Go here: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

First, I will save my download/setup to my desktop. I have my browser automatically set to save files to my desktop, but you might not, so you'll just need to specify that when/if it asks.

Then I'll wait for it to finish downloading, an I'll see this file. This is the setup.

Then I'll run it, and do exactly what it says. If it asks for an administrative password, you'll need to enter that in, but if you're already the administrator of your computer, you'll just get this. Then you'll just install it , and run it! (I can't go past this screen since I already have Gimp installed onto my computer, and having two might not work very well.

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 05:18:25 pm »
(Oh wow I'm so happy I'm scrolling through these old help topics owo)

wow... I tried downloading GIMP and it totally messed up my computer... the reason was I was at a fake website.

wow and I'm supposed to be "safe" with my laptop.

thanks for doing that Alpha but I'm still shaky on downloading it from anywhere ^

In-game user is Allari101

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 05:47:40 pm »
While ye're more than welcome to scroll through as many old(er) threads as ye would like, I ask ye refrain from postin' in the more dust covered topics that have more or less been already solved, Ms. Allari. It keeps the boards neater per say 'n since this thread hasn't been replied to since the month of June last year, I shall lock it for the time bein' under the assumption that what was once a problem is no longer.

Methinks it'd be more of a benefit should ye respond in any way to the more recent help threads.
gone