Author Topic: This is getting on my nerves please help!  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Necropossum

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Goatlinqs.exe has crashed
    • MayasiRin
    • Goatlinqs_jpg
    • View Profile
    • ColorsLive
This is getting on my nerves please help!
« on: October 11, 2014, 02:12:56 pm »
I honestly don't know if this can be fixed as it only happens on my phone and it never did this before but every time I get on the forum it suddenly puts me in the AppStore for some crappy rip-off app and then I go back to the forum and it doesn't do it again until I try to go somewhere in the forums then it does it again! One day it redirected the entire page and put me in the AppStore... If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me. I'm about to throw my phone into a wall this is getting annoying and it's only FH aswell any other site works fine.

Signature drawn by Me

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
    • View Profile
Re: This is getting on my nerves please help!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 02:24:07 pm »
I just looked around on the forums using my iPod since I'm assuming you're using an iOS device when you mentioned "AppStore" and I haven't had any ads pop up like the one you mentioned. Unfortunately I don't think there's that can be done here since the ads pay for Feral Heart's servers and its also impossible to install something like adblock on iOS anyway. Maybe try a different browser (even though I don't think that will change anything) or post on a PC when you have the opportunity to.

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 03:57:13 pm »
ToT I get the same exact problem. It allows me to type in my username, but as soon as I tap the password box, it brings me to the app store and CLOSES THE WINDOW. I get the same rage feeling, Darkky. I turned on ad-block, limited cookie settings, but nothing works. So I'm pretty much condemned to PC forum use.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 03:28:14 am »
This has been mentioned now by a few people and it does not ring well in my ears.

It is true that there's not too much we can do about it at this point, it must be an ad served by googles adsense so there's not really anything that can be done to filter a certain ad like that as far as I know. I don't even see how an ad like this would be allowed by googles guidelines to begin with unless they changed something since it covers up the whole site and screen of the device. Hopefully this ad will get removed but no one can really tell at this point.

The suggestion of trying another browser might be worth a shot for now, but also did they other login box change anything for you? Instead of using the login displayed above the index, click the "login" tab first without writing in any information and it will take you to it's own login page, maybe this ad is not displayed in the same manner at let's you log in unless that's what you've been trying to use all along.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Necropossum

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Goatlinqs.exe has crashed
    • MayasiRin
    • Goatlinqs_jpg
    • View Profile
    • ColorsLive
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 04:05:35 am »
Actually I think it's fixes now all hail the phone freezing and rebooting. Hopefully it doesn't start up again thanks everyone for your advice :3 and I think it's the phone actually cause even on the google browser it did this.

Signature drawn by Me