Author Topic: Can't log into my other account?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline makblu

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Angree pigeon
    • View Profile
    • Deviant art
Can't log into my other account?
« on: September 04, 2016, 06:26:42 pm »
So I'm trying to log into my main account (Charmly) on the forum and it's not working. I'm able to log into it on the main FH website, and in the game, but not on the forum. I've tried sending a password reset email, I never got it. I tried resetting my password in user details, the password changed but it still didn't work for the forum.

I'm getting really fed up with this not working, so can someone please help?

Deviant art

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Can't log into my other account?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 08:04:25 pm »
If you have not logged into the game on that account in 18+ months, the server may have deleted it. Try messaging a staffer and ask if that account still exists.

Offline makblu

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Angree pigeon
    • View Profile
    • Deviant art
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 09:36:40 pm »
If you have not logged into the game on that account in 18+ months, the server may have deleted it. Try messaging a staffer and ask if that account still exists.

I logged onto the game using that account today, so it's not deleted. Only the forum isn't working. Thanks for the suggestion anyways.

Deviant art

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 09:47:06 pm »
Whoops, I completely misunderstood what you were asking. So very sorry for that. Heck it was even in the forum help board. I just completely derped. Is it just not logging in at all or is it giving you a wrong password thing?

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 10:06:43 pm »
Hmm. I was havin' a similar issue on my alternate account a while back, so I'm curious about the solutions to this.

Anyways, on the topic of password reset, the site's currently under renovation, so any account related changes are disabled at the moment. Onto the issue, however, does yer browser have a password autofill system (or something similar) enabled? If so, try disablin' it and enterin' everything again manually.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 12:06:32 am »
To comment on the issues with password/e-mail requesting, I would suspect that its fair to say that those options aren't the most reliable at the moment. I checked with Razmirz a while ago to see if something might be up in relation to requesting for password changes and having issues connecting with the game/forum, and he said that it could very well be possible. Much of the renovations for the website can affect user gameplay, as well, and while I cannot specifically confirm this, it's safe to assume that we're having some issues there, as well. We're working on getting this fixed, and we'll keep you updated once we've come to this part of the website changes.

I checked your account in our database, and there does appear to be a user with this name. When we updated the website, we cleared out all inactive or accounts that hadn't been used in quite a long time, so if you haven't used the Charmly account on the forum for a while, this could be why you're having an issue logging in (it shows that you've never logged onto the site with the Charmly account.) The reason you're still able to log into the game is likely because you have logged into the game recently- just not the forum. Another possible reason could be that you never activated the account. Sometimes, you can still play on the game itself without having the account activated, and so if you've never activated this alternate account, it may not be registering as an active account to use on the forum.

Hopefully this answers a few of your questions. c:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:08:08 am by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.