Author Topic: FH keeps logging me out (fixed)  (Read 936 times)

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I made my profile picture.
    • Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
FH keeps logging me out (fixed)
« on: December 20, 2018, 10:59:04 pm »
While I'm sitting in a map, the game will randomly log me out. I stay logged in the browser but the game itself kicks me out and says I lost connection.

It's not my internet because it's working fine, still connected to both my PC and tablet.
When I try to log back in after being kicked out, it says I can't connect after selecting a character. If I close the game and refresh the browser it sometimes starts working again (for a while).

I have auto-refresh on the log in, and it's set to refresh every 30 minutes. (It's always been set to 30, and never caused me any issued before.)

It started doing this to me 2-3 days ago. Sometimes it stops doing it for the rest of the day, or it will do it again after a while.

It did it to me 2-3 times yesterday and twice today. Don't remember how many times it did that the other time.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 06:46:58 pm by ShadowFang1355 »
Oh, cool, I exist.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: FH keeps logging me out
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 01:07:37 am »
I don't have much advice, but what works for me is setting it to reset a bit more often. You can shorten the refresh times to something that may work for you. Mine is set to refresh everything 10 seconds, but that's cause my internet really really sucks.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 05:09:11 am »
Hello ShadowFang1355, have you recently downloaded any new antivirus programs by any chance? Have you made any changes to your firewall? It almost sounds as if something is cutting Feralheart's ability to reach the server, causing the game to timeout. To start, try restarting your router by unplugging & plugging it back into an electrical outlet after waiting about thirty seconds or so. If you end up timing out still, uninstall Feralheart (after saving any presets, etc. into a safe folder) and try re-downloading. This is honestly an odd issue, and when you can, let us know if anything posted is able to alleviate the constant disconnecting.

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 07:03:58 am »
I looked at my firewall and saw the FH wasn't on the list. I added it to it so maybe it wont block it, if that's the problem.

I'll try making it refresh more too.

I'll see if it works any better tomorrow.
Oh, cool, I exist.

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 12:22:58 am »
I changed the refresh rate to 1 minute, added it to the firewall exceptions, and used "Run as Administrator" on the game. Not sure which one of the three helped, but it seems to be working better now. (No log outs today, yay.)

I think it can be considered fixed if it's still working again tomorrow?
Oh, cool, I exist.

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 06:46:39 pm »
It's been working fine now after I did what I said in the last post. I think it can be marked as fixed now.
Oh, cool, I exist.