Author Topic: The big 'BANS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE DISCUSSED' sticky thread  (Read 7524 times)

Offline Faith.

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • pls god tell me its not mondayz xc
    • View Profile
The big 'BANS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE DISCUSSED' sticky thread
« on: November 28, 2012, 05:43:02 pm »
Alright so let's get straight to the subject.

Everyday I go into the 'game help' section of the forum, there is always one thread saying 'I've been banned!!!'

So, I was thinking that it would be useful to put a sticky thread here: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=24.0 Saying in caps lock: READ BEFORE POSTING! BANS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE DISCUSSED HERE or something.
People who are banned go straight ahead and make a topic without bothering to read the rules or the big help thread.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: The big 'BANS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE DISCUSSED' sticky thread
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 05:47:15 pm »
Discussion on Bans and Reports
You are prohibited to make a thread or mention in a post about being kicked and/or banned from ingame or on the forum. If you were kicked and/or banned, then it was for a reason. If you have a question about it, however, then you are referred to a moderator or an admin. As for reports, do not go and make a thread reporting a user. When you are reporting somebody, you are to send a private message to a moderator of an admin for them to handle it. Any threads discussing a kick/ban or reporting a user will be deleted upon sight.

It clearly says in the rules that they aren't allowed to be discussed, and ALL members >should< read the rules.
Then again, yes, it could be useful for those who do not take their time to read the rules, or care.
RETIRED.

CloudFish

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 08:45:02 pm »
the rules aren't presented in the most applicable way, so its easily missed. think this kind of thing is somewhat pointless though, seeing its such a simple idea, you would think they would have made one already.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 11:41:19 pm »
That OR they know but they want to anyways

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 11:45:03 pm »
Well SilverTW, i wouldn't think anyone would be that careless with their account if they HAD infact read the rules. I think this is a good idea mainly for the fact that people, as Cloudfish said, either miss the rules or, like most people, are too lazy to read them and feel that if they "wing-it" they can avoid getting caught with any rule breaking or avoid breaking any of the rules in the first place. Again, I think this idea is a good one and should be regarded for the sake of the lazy FeralHearters out there.

You are amazing <3

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 12:40:48 am »
Funny you should mention this because I was just thinking the same thing yesterday after the whole false alarm ban panic. I don't think it's a bad idea at all really for several reasons:

1- It's obviously stated in the rules not to post about bans or discuss about bans period on the forum but we can't assume that every member of the community will read the rules. (especially that the majority of people who post on the Help Section are people who are not active familiar users of the forum).
2- It's repetitious to have to keep pointing out the rule to those who still continue to post about bans in the Help Section.
3- It would be one less thing the mods have to lock and delete while managing the forum
4- During incidents like yesterday's server random banning madness there will not be a torrent of "why am I banned" etc topics.

It should serve as a simple reminder to those who are about to post that it's against forum rules. On the sticky the "Staff" page can be linked on it so when they click it they immediately know where and who to talk to about the issue.

Offline Sarogon

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 03:41:42 am »

Personally I didn't take a look at the rules until I became an active member of the forum, even so I would have had enough common sense to talk to a mod about a ban issue cause in all honesty they are the only ones that can help or justify the reason of the ban.
I don't see why someone would post for help when we really can't help them anyways.
Maybe that's just me, but it's the way I hope most people see it.

Need only call and I shall answer
In-game: Sarogon

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 04:48:59 am »
Wait, whut happened yesterday!? O.o and, I agree whiff erry one ???????
Happy Pride Month!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 05:28:53 am »
Wait, whut happened yesterday!? O.o and, I agree whiff erry one ???????

I don't know the full details behind it but it was most likely some issue again with the server. There was a post about it on the forum explaining yesterday but it was deleted already since the problem was solved. Basically it was problem that was causing people to get randomly banned for no reason. Some people were logging in and receiving the banned message on their log ins when they had done nothing wrong at all.

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 01:07:53 pm »
the rules aren't presented in the most applicable way, so its easily missed. think this kind of thing is somewhat pointless though, seeing its such a simple idea, you would think they would have made one already.

This.

And to be honest, even a sticky wont hold them back to post these threads :/