Author Topic: Small change for the Roleplay section  (Read 3783 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Small change for the Roleplay section
« on: December 29, 2012, 05:37:29 am »
For quite some time now I have been bothered by the "Open Roleplays" section of the forum. Long before I learned of WolfQuest or Feral Heart I used to RP on forums alot in fact I prefer RPing on the forum over the game since it suits my writing style. I've wanted to get back into forum RPing for a while now since my return to the Feral Heart forum but I find the open roleplay section to be a little unorganized simply because it is called "Open Roleplays".

Often when I skim through the posts I think I've found an interesting roleplay but it ends up being an advertisement for an in game RP. Alot of people seem to think that since the section is called "Open Roleplays" that it's the place to post "Open" RPs... you know open as in accepting members and advertising. Alot of people do not seem to get that it is for Forum style open RPs... There clearly is an advertising board but alot of people seem to over look it and instead post in the "Open Rp" section. Basically I am suggesting a simple fix maybe like renaming the section "Forum Roleplays" this way there is the clear and obvious "Forum Roleplay" section and the seperate and obvious in game "Advertising Board" section.

Another way of changing it could be to rename "Open Roleplays" to "Forum Roleplay" but maybe place a few more subcatagories under "Advertising Board" so when you click "Advertising Board" you get several subcatagories like "Open in game Roleplays" & "Mate Search" (with subcatagories Male/canine-feline & female canine-feline), & "Cub/Pup Search".   (And yes this means moving the Mate and Cub/Pup search under the Advertising Board since those sections are basically for advertising.

Anyway that's the idea. I appreciate your feedback negative or positive as long as it's constructive. Share your opinions. Also I can add an image of the idea in case my description was confusing so if needed just ask :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:19:36 am by LordSuragaha »

wolfdog01

Re: Small change for the Roleplay section
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 06:46:06 am »
I never thought of it that way. Though I do enjoy writing stories, I've never bothered to go to the Forum Open RolePlay, but 'tis a good point about how many people may get confused on the subject. I belive your idea is a good one, changing the title mainly. I was slightly puzled by the moving of other boards, but I re-read it and now I understand. I don't know what to say on moving the boards around, I'm a little iffy on that but the title change is a amazing idea, would settle a lot more confusion in this FeralHeart world. :)

P.S. I don't think any of you that view this topic will care, but here is a link to a story I am working on, if I get enough views, weither good or bad, I will continue it.
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=27186.0
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:48:16 am by ~Thyme~ »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 12:29:06 am »
We've done a quick namechange to avoid confusion of this

The Open Roleplay Board has not changed name to "Free For All Roleplay" that should display better for the members of the forum what the section is for.

The forum mods should be able to check up on the roleplay boards in the upcoming week as well of all the misplaced threads that might've showed up over the last couple of weeks as well to sort things out deeper. Thanks for the input.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 02:28:50 am »
Alright guess we'll see how things work out. Again thank you both for the feedback and Red for considering the idea.