Author Topic: Revolution for the Offtopic Literature (and Roleplay Section)  (Read 9369 times)

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
Revolution for the Offtopic Literature (and Roleplay Section)
« on: January 20, 2013, 03:20:29 am »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:10:48 pm by SoaringAway »

SoulRevenge

Re: Revolution for the Offtopic Literature (and Roleplay Section)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 06:16:41 am »
An update to the Off-Topic Roleplay section should of been put in order and into action quite some time ago.
It's kind of just been ignored, no real order was ever placed here from what I can see-- as you have stated, many users that are not use to what goes on in here tend to think of it as a 'free for all roleplay'. Basicly, make a roleplay, be happy, nothing else to it.

I most defiantly agree with you when it comes to this-- of course, as you know, I basicly live my life in the Off-topic roleplay section, and it's kind of annoying when threads sit there, collect dust, and are necro'd several times- pushing active threads towards the bottom another space.

Now, regarding the Off-topic media: Literature.

Can't help but agree with you there too. Users rarely ever check that out, as there isn't really much of an 'advertisement' for that. Honestly, off-topic roleplaying and any type of literate in perticuliar should be taken into notice a lot more. Roleplaying is basicly what this game revolves around, but it seems as if this forum mainly does things that benefit users that basicly just play the game, roleplay occasionaly; the end.

I think another Writing Contest would be a good thing to put into order once more. There was one several months ago, but there really wasn't much at all after that-- it would most defiantly give literature of any type in perticuliar a good spotlight.

Hope all of this will be put into consideration at one point in time.

Blackiout.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 11:22:55 am »
^ True 'dat! And yes, I do think another contest should be done.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline Verinian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Who knows what tomorrow will bring...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 09:29:49 pm »
No matter how cliche this might sounds.  But the RP sections tend to become a comunity within a community.  Somewhat separate from much of the rest of the comunity.  But only slightly spreading those roots.  When new players join.  Yeah...  Don't often know quite what they are doing...

But the section is an internal community no less.  Heck.  On the last forum.  We ended up having like a sort of internal government thing going on.  Since the site owner completely ignored the section.  We had to take things into our own hands...  The simplest thing to do was to make an RP as two threads.  One the OOC.  out of character.  Where all questions and non character chat between friends can be said.  And the IC.  In character.  All story only in this thread.  We warned and taught new RPers things.  And if they proved themselves an unpleasant individual they were spurned  

But with not a bit of structure to start with.  There is no rock upon which to build!

The shadows that surround us.

The Plight of a Dragon.  Chapter 2

I...  Might literally be losing my mind...  It's scaring me... ;-;

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 09:55:59 pm »
The matter of the Offtopic RP Section in this forum has been taken into the matters of the regulars' hands at most times but the majority of the regulars are youths who wouldn't build their own "City Upon a Hill" and govern over others and actually seclude certain new members (as not much action is taken any ways for the necromancers.) The internal government that you have in the last forum worked due to a selected group of others that were (presumably) older and more straightforward on how to lead the area but the members here are fresher than the fruit on a spring morning.

Offline Verinian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Who knows what tomorrow will bring...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 04:37:58 am »
Thus far as I have actually seen the ratio is about the same in the off topic RP as the other forum.  Only difference is larger number overall.  But I also understand what you say.  I spoke about it in passing.

The shadows that surround us.

The Plight of a Dragon.  Chapter 2

I...  Might literally be losing my mind...  It's scaring me... ;-;

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
(Update) Revolution for the Offtopic Literature (and Roleplay Section)
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 09:08:47 pm »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:31:08 am by SoaringAway »

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 03:11:39 pm »
I would very much like it if something could be done about the Off Topic section for roleplaying that's much more organized. I've been around the forums for about... a year and a half, two years now? The Off Topic section was where I visited constantly, in fact it was where I was most active (though in the recent months I've been a little less active but I visit it at least once a day). It used to be the same with General Roleplay, but I soon grew apart from that. Anyway, in my beginning month(s), I also had trouble of what went in the Off Topic section and what was to be expected. With nothing to go on, in the end I just stood back and read what others have said and posted along with being corrected of my own mistakes, and I learned that way which took some time. Not only would it be helpful for newer members, but for the older ones as well. My own roleplay gets pushed down constantly when older threads are being necro'd, and I would have to bump it even though someone made a post only yesterday so it wouldn't get lost and pushed back to the second page. I've had to tell Rpers that the thread they're trying to join had died well over a year ago, and right after another one would try applying even though my post telling the first what had happened was just above, and then even a third. It's gotten to a point I just start not bothering saying anything, as it didn't seem apparent anyone was listening at all.

I would definitely like to encourage more Writing Contests as well! As far as I know, they're yearly which is why they're not commonly seen. As you can see, I was the winner of last year's and I know there was another a year before that (who won, though, I'm not sure). Perhaps it'd be better if this was every month or so instead, I very much enjoy reading and writing and like my work to be more well known, even if it's just for the writing section instead of through a contest. I've entered a few stories into the writing section but had soon stopped because I didn't think people wanted to bother with them, or I just wasn't popular enough. I've written more but stuck with dA instead, but if the Off Topic literature section were to be more well known I certainly wouldn't mind placing more of my work there.
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 08:20:29 pm »
So, these days I turn to the Off-Topic Roleplay section, where, while there are still some repetitive roleplays out there, have much more variety. Either that, or a private Roleplay with my friends ingame. When it comes to Off-Topic Roleplays, it's either loss of interest, or others lagging behind.

^
Quoting myself from a previous topic on Off-topic roleplays...
Anyways, I totally agree with this idea.
As others have said before, the Off-Topic Roleplay section is just as active as the FeralHeart-related Roleplay section.
And sadly, it's very disorganized, and new threads are constantly pushing down more active threads and old threads are being stirred up after sitting under the dust for two years.

That's what happened to a Roleplay I opened in 2011.
Just a few days ago. o_o
Anyhoo, I'd say that The Off-Topic Literature and Art section could use a little more love, too,
Because FH is full of Writers and Artists who wrote or draw great works that aren't just wolves and lions. (I myself am one)
And they deserve a little more light from the community.
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 07:24:13 pm »
Bump!