Author Topic: Revolution for the Offtopic Literature (and Roleplay Section)  (Read 9366 times)

ZombieKitteh

Re: Revolution for the Offtopic Literature (and Roleplay Section)
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 05:00:40 pm »
I smiled at your signature c': Anyways on topic.. right.

I can honestly say I don't poke the forums as much as most people. Unless I map make, edit a thread or advertise a roleplay. As someone who enjoys writing though I do agree with what you've said. I never really bothered posting any written works on the forums for that exact reason. I know if another writing contest were in order; I'd join it. c:

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 07:05:42 pm »
For the general public or audience of which this thread pertains to:

It has come to my attention that one of the "regulars," GavelSwingingBlacki? (or Blacki),  has brought up another thread in which relates to the internal improvements towards the Off-Topic Roleplay section. In the sight of the benevolent news, ROTLARS (Revolution for the Offtopic Literature (and Roleplay Section) and OTRSM (Off-Topic Roleplay Section Moderators) are now affiliated!

The community of regulars and FH members alike can bring forth for change. For one to stand alone is courageous but to hold upon a community onto their shoulders in noble.

Off-Topic Roleplay Section Moderators can be located here:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=34183.0
Have a nice day,

-SoaringAway

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
ROTLARS: Update/ Informal Talking
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 07:16:23 pm »
I just came to swing by to check up on the forums for a short bit and noticed there was a change done to the Off-Topic section.  

..Why was it decided to add a human and animal subtopic? Most of the roleplays in action couldn't possibly pertain to one category and this shouldn't be the initial step taken. The role plays are fine where they are but additions are needed to be made that aren't just categorizing them.

The area needs sub-topics AS accessories. Like a OOC Planning, OOC Chat, and an "Extinct" (rps that aren't in the works and thus people won't necro them.)  subtopics.

EDIT:

The human and animals categories should come later. Better yet, why not ask the regulars? They can give out better sugggestions as to how the match-making of the sort would commence.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 08:40:46 pm by SoaringAway »

SoulRevenge

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 08:49:49 pm »
Ah, yup. I've taken notice of the 'Human-Roleplays' and the 'Animal Roleplay' sections added too; too simple of an addition for my taste, though I'm glad that some kind of action was taken rather than the section continuing to be ignored. There is, however, like you said; a LOT more action neccesary to take than simply categorising them between 'Animal' and 'Human'.

Though, kind as you said; there should also be an 'extinct', OOC-chat, and Roleplay Planning sort of thread. This would prevent the over-all section from being spammed by these sort of things- speaking of which, a 'Roleplay Poll' section would be useful, too! Since I've taken notice that a lot of people will bring such things up with other members of the community in hope of getting good reviews on their ideas- and they usually just choose the one that is most popular among people.

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 01:08:57 am »
Important

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
ROTLAS: HEY! Stop doing that!
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 01:29:06 am »

Moderators! Hey, guys! Do not start organizing the place just yet!

This utter practice of submitting very vague and large roleplays into only two mere categories is absurd! The first move that you've done is place "Mermaids" under Human. That makes no absolute sense for the roleplayer that wants to find a human-only roleplay! The system is far more complicated than one should expect it to be! Be understand that you shouldn't jump into it. Please!

Look, your efforts are noticed but they aren't exactly going to place the Off-Topic Role Play section into the good light and please hear me out. We have multiple rps with multiple themes besides "humans" and "animals." This isn't like the Free-For-All area in which you're allowed to do that because, you know, it involves the in-game players AND it isn't just lions, tigers, bears, or even wolves! Oh my!

Just stop what you're doing, for a second. You already moved one of the Off-Topic Roleplays off to Free-For-All without the consent of Meowerz and she was pretty upset about that. Her roleplay HAS no affiliation with the game Thrillex's "ask" topic HAS nothing to do with the animall sub-topic besides asking for mere help! 

Thrillex's ask thread could fit into "OOC Planning" while Meowzers can return right back home!

Please!

SoulRevenge

Moderators! PLEASE LOOK!
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 01:51:22 am »
Must agree with Soaring here!

But, I'm entirely aware that your trying to go out with your requests we've had out here for so long. I'm aware that your TRYING to help us out, I'm aware that your TRYING to get this more organised and that you likely are going through a LOT of trouble by fixing this up,  but like Soaring said; just halt for a moment, please!

Now, both of us probably seem like majour nuisiances that just won't shut-up until they get PRECISELY what they want, but we more or less just want the best for this section, really.

There's a lot more to organising it than just categorising things between 'Human' and 'Animal'; There is a lot more than just Human and Animal roleplays out there- some in which are a combination of both, or simply neither at all. This is probably a good way to sort of start this out, but. .

It's kind of hurting us more than it's helping us.

My suggestion on this?

Don't bother categorising Roleplays in a bit more of 'clearish' way that you are; sure, the over-all idea of a Human Roleplay and Animal Roleplay divider are A-O.K, but if you really want to 'help us', your going to have to do more than that- for example.

Let Roleplay Threads stay where they are- sure, letting that Human and Animal thing up would be alright, but maybe Members should choose if they want it in there? Otherwise; leave stuff in peace in the 'Neutrual Zone'

Add more Child-Boards. Like 'Roleplay Planning' (For those who like to make polls and need help with ideas). This would prevent Roleplay threads from being bumped down by something that isn't even a roleplay.

Add an 'Extinct' board. For roleplays that are in-active and not going to be active. Unless sure of a roleplay's inactiveness, moderators/administrators would be required to check with the creator of the thread before moving here.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 03:00:13 am »
I would have given a more proper explanation regarding these boards earlier but has been grabbed away and never quite gotten the time here.

I will make this as simple as possible right now as I can.

Even though you see adding lots of child boards and adding mini mods to the section, this is not the solution we need or are looking for right now.

The changes made now is something that will take place right now. There's a reason for these changes that is meant to help us take care of this matter and improve the boards. Everything is not as simple as the first sight might see.

Now I cannot say that this is something that will last forever at this time, it's all down to how it will work and changes might take place in the future, but this is a first good step on the way and in all honesty, the change is made because there has been talk about the offtopic board and main roleplay section.

At the moment though we are not out to make the most deep roleplay section out there, we are out to get things to work and show that we are trying to help, and I hope you can respect that for now.

Threads will be moved to the more suiting section so we can sort out the main board with a sticky it needs and make users actually organize their threads before they are made from now on.

More child boards is far from the solution in our case and we want to keep an as low count as possible for better indexing and overall a better forum.

Even though there's no huge deal if dead roleplays lays within the back of boards, making a board simply for the dead offtopic roleplays is not something that will benefit the forum directly.

So please don't jump at things yet and let us structure the forum that you were asking for, one thing is certain and that's there will be a better sight directly from the start with these two boards, and as said, at the current date we are not looking for offtopic roleplays to be a majority of the forum.

Suggestions is fine, but not even letting us setting up an option that could actually work for the better for everyone and halting any sort of progress due to wanting something more complex and this time will not aid.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

SoulRevenge

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 03:28:56 am »
I understand your reasoning.

Perhaps some of the Child-Board ideas were not the best (Mainly the 'Extinct' one, as you pointed out; though really, kick that one out and only TWO would be 'neccesary')- I'm aware that there is more to this forum than making a perfectly organised Roleplaying section.

So I suppose I'll sit around and give this solution a 'chance'.

Though, just in our defense; we never said that 'Adding a lot of Childboards' as neccesary. Heck, the suggestions were what might be neccesary, really.

In fact; to focus on the Off-Topic Roleplay section directly, still with the 'Extinct' Childboard- we would only have three in total. Three, seeing that we never suggested that anything else other than 'OOC Chat' and 'Roleplay Planning' would be added. Of which would be 'Roleplay Planning', 'Extinct', and 'OOC Chats'; the actual roleplays themselves could simply remain where they are now, and really; Extinct wouldn't even be neccesary, as you stated!

I'm not trying to say that 'You should immedianly go switch things around this way'; heck, even with this thread up, half the time I thought it would simply remain ignored, and I'm GLAD that this was acknowledged a bit, but I didn't really expect things to go like this at first.

But I guess I'll give what's been given to us a try- and if I don't like it? There is little use in complaining, I suppose.

For beggars can-not be choosers. But their requests can be voiced.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 03:31:53 am by BlackiKat »

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 03:50:23 am »
Thank you for your time and consideration for reading the thread, Red.

Well, onto business.

All of my things here are suggestions in order to reduce the clog of the Off-Topic Roleplay section even from post #1, I even stated in ()s that it might be something we might need. Not necessarily the solution at all but suggestions.   I didn't mean to trample any of your plans they you may have previously but by then, the "regulars" were already talking of the clog there was in the Off-Topic for quite some time (even before I came around.)

The category system isn't at all fair for anyone, honestly. We have threads that pertain to both humans and animals, to neither, or to one or another. I do understand that you mean to take current action but pause for a moment and talk with us "regulars." We like our voices heard even if we're wrong. We like the communication. It isn't something of "taboo" but some of the posters here on this thread are the "regulars." They want help in any other way besides just merely agreeing and wanting their input in.

I understand that Off-Topic isn't a necessarily big concern of yours or anyone's but it is for some of us out there. We only request out of most, three child boards and one doesn't necessarily have to exist (Extinct.) We don't need the rps placed around for what type they are but rather for the subject (planning, ooc chat, and the actual thing.) There has been alot of those "What Should I Do!?" threads over in Rp and it has been really troublesome. Honestly, where should they go?

This isn't simply a "you want" but rather a "we want." I am not alone for this cause, and I don't see myself as standing alone on this. I just write out from what I've heard and gained from those around me.

We just honestly want this over and done with so we can get back to just doing whatever our hearts desire. I just want to see the regulars not complaining about clutter or the lack of attention for their "hang out," and be jubilant of what has been done!

Suggestions is fine, but not even letting us setting up an option that could actually work for the better for everyone and halting any sort of progress due to wanting something more complex and this time will not aid.

..And what do you mean by not giving/setting you an option? All of this time, this was in the input box and floating around with suggestions from others and myself. How was I preventing you or any other moderator from doing their job? I get that being persistent in irritable for others but ..halting progress? I may have asked before in earlier posts to stop and just to read or listen but I wasn't trying to just place a brick wall in your path.

I am happy that you at least given this thread attention in a sort of way and thank you for the time yet again.

Have a nice day,
-SoaringAway