Author Topic: New Teaching/Learing Idea.  (Read 3863 times)

ThrillexForLife

New Teaching/Learing Idea.
« on: April 07, 2013, 12:06:42 am »
So idea is like a teaching thing for new users whom new help around the forum. So we'll have a thread on FH for you either to be a student or a teacher, but first you need to PM the person that want to be apart of this..then they'll they to get 10 questions in order to past the test and be apart. Next, if they past the test, they have to wait until a student or a teacher is waiting for a new student or teacher. When they got a pair or get graduated  they'll would be announced and start teaching their student or teacher teaching their student. And I almost forgot, that you can guide/teach them on the website, Game, or both. (Hope this not confusing).

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
Re: New Teaching/Learing Idea.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 12:38:32 am »
Just a random idea for this test thingymajiger:

1. When a roleplay eventually looses activity to the point of closing, it is called a ______ roleplay.
A) closed
B) failed
C) dead

2. "Semi-real" is _______.
A) A very advanced way of roleplaying
B) The use of words in an incorrect way in roleplay
C) Something used to define a roleplay

3. Short answer:
 What is the largest place in FeralHeart?
 If you get banned or kicked for no apparent reason, what should you do?
 ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
6. Write three ways to spam.
8. [Idunno]
9. [Idunno]
10. Essay: Write the origin of 'wolfspeak'. Why did it come around? What is your opinion on it?

SoulRevenge

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 01:53:04 am »
I don't quite understand what you mean by this. .

Do you mean that certain people will sort of 'introduce' members to the board and game? You know, show them around; explain what is what and why it is what it is?

The wording just confused me, so sorry. ;u;.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 03:27:37 am »
Hmm, well, I can see what you're getting at with this.

You want to kind of set up a mini-program-type thing that would help prepare individuals around the forum for lending a paw around the game.
I guess I can see where you're coming from, but the one thing I worry about is whether or not it's efficient enough to really reach a viable number of new members that come in.

While it could be helpful in answering a few tough questions about when spam becomes spam (and stuff like it), I only worry that it might be more work than it's worth, since most people just kind of learn how to play via a crash-course first run playing FH. o: Plus, as with most newbies, they tend to rush straight to the game, rather than taking their time and browsing the forum at first.

I think it's a very kind idea, though. ^^'
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 08:10:39 pm »
I think I see what you're getting at...
As great as the idea sounds, I'm not sure it will work. Both the student and the teacher will have to be commited to it and I'm not sure if the majority of users are prepared for that. I can imagine people thinking "I can't be bothered to teach that person right now, I want to roleplay instead" which would kind of defeat the object of the whole thing.
The questions idea I think is okay, but it seems a bit too exam-like, if you know what I mean. Twizzlerr's post scarily looked like one of my old A level biology exam papers... o.o *shudder*. I think that might put people off since people use FH after school or after doing homework to chill out and relax, and get away from exams for a while.
This is a really thoughtful idea though, and I like it all the same. :)

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 04:00:44 pm »
This sounds like quite a good Idea. But as Flob said, both student and teacher would have to be committed and involved in this. It all depends on whether or not the teacher or student would want to do this for a certain period of time. We wouldn't want people saying that they'll do the teaching, promising they'll keep teaching but then suddenly giving up because they're bored. Same with the students, what would we do to keep them happy and interested?

I love the idea about helping the new members who need it, but we hardly get /new new/ members joining FH because registration isn't always open. And it's very rare that it opens. Also (as WhiteLight explained) once people have joined, they just want to play the game and explore, instead of taking a browse through the forum. Finally, we have the help boards and tutorial boards to help them anyway when they need it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to turn this into a negative thing, but in some people's view it isn't really worth it. But it's a really appreciated idea, I'm glad you thought of it! c:

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 04:15:51 pm »
I see what you mean, but I honestly don't think this would be needed.

I mean.. if a user wants help they'll ask for it. As the others mentioned, it would take more work than it's worth. Rather than having some random FH player assigned to you after passing some test, you could just browse the Introduction and Game Help boards and help the players who want to be helped. xD You don't need something like this if all you want to do is help.

Another thing, as WhiteLightHeart said, the new players don't really take the time to look through the forum at first, they just want to explore the game on their own. I just don't see how this would work out well. xD

Signature by Delay. <3

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 06:19:49 pm »
Oh okay.