Author Topic: Spoiler Tags  (Read 3405 times)

SoulRevenge

Spoiler Tags
« on: April 22, 2013, 12:51:51 am »
Where are you going? The link is this way!

(I'm sorry if I got the over-all name 'Spoiler Tag' wrong. |I. .  . I just believe that's what these were called; they're like little drop-boxes.)

I've seen these on other web-sites, and quite honestly I believe that 'Spoiler Tags' could be quite the positive addition to the FeralHeart forums, for well- several reasons, actually. Which is exactly why I'm presenting the idea, -derp-

But yeah, they'd likely be good for several different things- especially on Art Threads, that is. With a possible over-load of images and the occasional 'gore warning', if you had Spoiler-Tags you'd be able to warm members that don't want to see these sort of things- and then they could view whatever art you had that is not gorey without and fear of running across something ridiculous.

The same sort of goes with other posts- you write a wall of text and want to put it into a spoiler tag; you can put it into a spoiler tag.

I don't know if this was ever suggested before, but I do hope this would be possible. ;u;. Sure, it's kind of just a small addition but I think it would be very helpful in a lot of sections of the forums.

BlackiOuti
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 02:40:56 pm by Warriorstrike »

BouncyLion101

Re: Spoiler Tags
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 01:04:41 am »
Lovely idea, Gavel.
I don't believe we need Kovu to add this into the forum for us, so this could actually be possible.

It would be nice to have spoiler tags for threads with a hundred images or threads with gore in them. Also a mountain of text would be nice to have a spoiler tag with. e3e

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 01:08:30 am »
Also, some images are laggy too, like the images in my submission of my dog preset for the contest.
I would love spoilers being in this forum, truly. Even if the images are smaller, and in other forums huge compared to this one, spoilers are still needed in my opinion. :3

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 02:22:01 am »
I know exactly what you mean, and some forums have it built in from the start.

Pretty much giving the option for users to hid pictures or content to only be displayed when a user decide to see it.

Sadly though SMF doesn't have this function built in, maybe there's some sort of plugin though that is similar to this function, and in all honesty I wouldn't mind if there was one. But with addons and mods usually comes the issue of stability. It usually doesn't take much or long before the forum runs into issues because of a broken mod, and with time the forum gets updated to a newer version, and it's not always it works smoothly.

If there's a good option we could see, but no promises really, we have tried to keep this forum as low as possible on mods for increased reliability.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

SoulRevenge

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 03:30:36 am »
Yup, precisely what I meant.

Though, it would be nice if you found that 'good option' or whatever. I know that plug-ins can often times slow down forums, and it's best to just use what your given. Else you'll be wading in a pond of lag and what-not.

Tis' understandable, though. I just think it would be a sort of convenient addition to the forums, but if it lower reliability, then you might as well just not slap it onto the forums.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 12:50:53 am »
Function has been added and will be tested with the forum for the upcoming times, hopefully to stay.

Thanks for the input.
Former community manager of FeralHeart