Author Topic: New Forum Banner?  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
New Forum Banner?
« on: May 07, 2013, 05:10:52 am »
Now I know everyone including the staffers have been busy with stuff, but I want to throw this idea at here...I'm sure you guys notice that there has been the same banners for years now, most of it is staff members(which is not really a prob) but since this is a new year and all perhaps change it up for this year. Maybe perhaps add random group screenies of random floofs to make it feel more like a community.
Or
Seasonal Banners, for when we are having a event like Halloween or Christmas, put up seasonal banners to get everyone in that mood. On Halloween month, out up scary banners or screenies from the event and put the there for events that had passed.

Banners are a good way to self promote a event and since it's in the very front page EVERYONE will see it. While some new floofs who don't know the site might never see the Halloween event or Christmas event. I don't know, just something to think about and I know doing this sounds like a lot to keep up with, and perhaps this idea might get shut down. But just throwing that idea out to see what ya'll think about it
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Banner?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 03:52:28 pm »
Honestly it's a decent idea, something to throw out there. But keep in mind actually most of our banners come from banner contests etc and are made by users in the community. There are only a few that actually have staff characters in them, lol.
The biggest reason I can see for kinda putting this idea to the side is that it's an awful lot of work to change banners and since the admins (Red, Raz, Delay) are the only ones who can actually change it, we'd be putting a lot of pressure on those who are already busy as it is.

A good idea though and definitely something to keep in mind. I agree we need a bit of a makeover around here.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 07:39:54 pm »
I like this idea, Feareh. If at all possible, maybe there should be a Feral Heart banner contest. I would like to see more banner images on this site.
Inactive

BouncyLion101

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 08:11:13 pm »
I think new banners would be an excellent idea. The Seasonal Banner Contest would also be really great because people would have a whole season with their banners up on the forum, that would be awesome. o3o
Or just adding any new banners would be great, I do think the forum needs a little bit of a redesigning a little bit and new banners could make a nice little change.

SoulRevenge

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 12:51:16 am »
This would be a good idea. Another banner contest, as others had mentioned; would also be a pretty decent event, too.

There have been the same banners for awhile, and even though I don't really pay much attention to the appearance as I do the content; I do suppose some 'new looks' would be a pretty good thing to just add in here. I like seeing that the members of the community can make with screen-shots or art skills, anyway.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 03:17:26 pm »
I like this idea Feareh c8 Especially a banner that includes screenies of members in game. I hope that this could happen sooner or later c:

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 07:20:02 am »
Its a really good idea feareh, it would be exciting if they put up banner contests c:

Signature by Sophie-Feathersong on dA

Find me ingame as ^Blurryface^