Author Topic: Regarding the Forum Banners  (Read 5483 times)

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Regarding the Forum Banners
« on: July 20, 2014, 07:53:20 pm »
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:58:59 pm by ~Stargazer~ »

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding the Forum Banners
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 07:56:18 pm »
I've always wanted to see more banners. o3o If it isn't too much work, maybe they could have only a few banners per week and then switch em' up with some new ones the next.

Or maybe..

Banner Contests?

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 07:58:04 pm »
Or maybe..

Banner Contests?

That's always an idea ouo

Preset Download

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 08:02:16 pm »
Or maybe..

Banner Contests?
There actually have been banner contests in previous years. Though, I myself know not of the full details as I wasn't around the forums at the time. I've only heard small tales of 'em from other members of the staff.

I like the idea though, Ms. I see little cons with this idea. A subtle switch up every now 'n then would be a good touch to the site.
gone

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 08:06:25 pm »
This would be a very nice touch to the site Star <3 A switch up every now and again would be a very nice addition and a great way to spice up the site with some different images every now and again. And I to have seen the banner contest, it was a wonderful contest, but the board had been removed in the past, I believe sometime in 2012 or 2011. Hopefully this can be done c:

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 10:04:28 pm »
Wow I've actually never though of that! Different banners every so often WOULD really spice up the forums! Contest Winners, New Mods, Parties, anything! That would be really cool! I believe I had seen the banner contest once...I vaguely remember it I think o3O
But yes I do love the idea Starry. So fab.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 12:21:13 am »
It's good to hear my idea is supported<3

Preset Download

Rizzla

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 01:44:36 am »
Fabulous idea! I honestly can't see what could go wrong. There's a lot of artists in the community, and this would be a great way to get them involved. If we ever had a banner contest, i know i'd enter!

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 03:12:19 pm »
It'd be cool to see new banners. The same thing over and over annoys me. -.-" BUT- they did changed and/or added some... eh... I forget when, but it was pretty cool, I acutally had the assumption that they added prey to the game. (It was another time when I had no internet. :L)
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 05:05:37 pm »
Indeed we have had banner contests in the past and it would be nice to see them make a return however there have been a few draw backs as to why we haven't had more recently. For one most of the staff team is busy with their own projects as well as the numerous current contests and events we have. It takes a lot of work, time, effort, and planning just to set up for a particular event for instance. We also have been refreshing the site by cleaning boards recently and updating rules and stickies, thus if we did decide to resurrect the banner contest we would also have to rethink how we hold it, judge it, and what particular rules and themes will be set for it.

We have had a few discussions about resurrecting this old contest recently but as Vespian stated we haven't gotten to a solid decision yet due to a few issues that emerge each time we consider the idea. This isn't to say that we will never have banner contests again though. The main issue has been deciding upon themes that are mostly Feral Heart & Community related but do not focus solely on one particular group too much. The wider the audience that the theme relates to the better. The idea is that the contest shouldn't be held too often so that means that the banners themselves need to be fairly relevant for at least the time of a year. We are trying to avoid any seasonal themes although I do like the MOTS banner that you suggested. Also since most of our events & contests are now seasonal we may have to reconsider exactly how often we will be changing the banners and if we can keep up with it. Perhaps for the preset contest banner we can show the particular years winners instead of the seasons winners to cut down on the frequency need to change the banner.

Due to the amount of events & contests that we already have with a limited staff team we wouldn't want to exhaust our resources or the staffy themselves. We have had delays in the past with preset contest judging and prizes so we don't want that to happen again. We want that each of our contests and events are held in a timely and orderly fashion. For that reason we would need to formulate a steady schedule with the banner contest to assure that it doesn't impede with the schedule of any of the other contests or events. Although the prize of the banner contest is simply a banner and that shouldn't be to demanding on the staff it's the general organization, theme, and management that concerns us.

I will definitely bring up the concept of banner contests again to see if we can perhaps get a little more progress discussion wise but it may be a bit of time before you see this type of thing making a come back. On a positive note though we did make a fairly good amount of progress on the structure of the contest itself as well as judging etc.

On behalf of the entire staff team we thank you all for your feedback and appreciate your efforts to suggest new and different ways to keep the community engaged and entertained.

Feel free to suggest more themes here if you like.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:21:55 pm by LordSuragaha »