Author Topic: Registration :I  (Read 2270 times)

Offline [B]oneless

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« on: July 20, 2014, 10:45:30 pm »
Okay so, I know a lot of people have been complaining about not having the registration open an everything and since there is SOOO many members, why don't you Staff delete inactive accounts to maybe let the registration be opened more often? I have to say, lots of people, and I mean lots, are disgusted by this. I am just trying to help out the community here. Please, respond back soon as possible. Thanks~  :-\

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
Re: Registration :I
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 10:51:10 pm »

Yes, many people occasionally get frustrated by the registration. However, it wouldn't be fair for the staff to delete accounts without consent. That's unfair for everyone. Plus, the only reason registration is closed and opened randomly is because too many people try making accounts at once, and can cause technical issues. Even if these inactive accounts were deleted, people would still flood the registration. We appreciate you trying to help the community, but the staff has done this with registration for a reason. I hope you understand. Thanks~
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 11:02:45 pm by Vask »

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 11:00:31 pm »
Inactive accounts are indeed set to be deleted after a certain amount of time.

While I understand your wanting to see registration open more often, it is a matter of users who want accounts needing to be persistent and logging into the forum several times a day when they can. Frequent forum users tend to catch registration open quite a bit (myself included), and even with the new registration set-up, we still have hundreds of new accounts being registered each month. Hundreds of new users are still getting in, and so it isn't a matter of new players not being able to get in to play. They just need to be persistent, and we promise it will pay off.

I'm sorry if our reply isn't quite what you were looking for, but we do appreciate your input, Nicole. Thank you very much. Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Moving this to The Inputbox, as well.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline [B]oneless

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 11:02:20 pm »
Alright, I understand.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 11:08:23 pm »
Just adding on a bit, but I think there are negative effects to be had ingame as well.
Too many users cramped into the maps will cause lag, connection issues (maps would get filled!), and more than likely result in some quarrels.
Though your concern for the community is certainly admirable, as has been said. c:
I think the solution would be to get a larger server, but the server is already pretty big, and the server master does what they can.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 05:58:31 pm »
Okay so, I know a lot of people have been complaining about not having the registration open an everything and since there is SOOO many members, why don't you Staff delete inactive accounts to maybe let the registration be opened more often? I have to say, lots of people, and I mean lots, are disgusted by this. I am just trying to help out the community here. Please, respond back soon as possible. Thanks~  :-\

Have to admit I think a different wording of this question/request would have been a tad more appreciated, but having Registration up more often would also cause negative effects on the game and on the forum. So I believe the way it is now is just fine. Also if people wish to join the game bad enough they will find a way to always be able to keep an eye on the registration. For example. I kept the page saved on my phone or looked at the site on a school computer to see when it opened if I was not at home.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 06:39:57 pm »
I'll just lock this since it seems as though it was answered well enough already to Nelson.