Author Topic: Staff Global Moderator & Moderator Title Colours  (Read 4928 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Staff Global Moderator & Moderator Title Colours
« on: July 29, 2014, 02:31:22 pm »
Staff Global Moderator & Moderator Title Colours

Now I'm sure some of you have at some point glanced at the Global Moderator and Moderator title colours and thought "Wait, which one is which?" Well maybe it's time for a change? I mean, it's confusing for some people knowing which is which since the colours are very similar, and I'm sure others might agree when I say they find it a little difficult to tell which one is which too. I know there's the staff list but lets say there's a 'threat' situation and someone might want to tell a Global Mod about this instead of a Mod because it'd make them more comfortable to talk about it? Spontaneous situation I know, but it's a possible situation.

EDIT: An example to show the similarity between both colours:

Yes I am well aware that there is a Staff list on the tool bar above, but knowing whether or not a specific member of staff is online (Global Moderator/Moderator) is pretty much easier to find out when located at the bottom of the page. I also want to make it clear that I'm not saying that the colours need to change, but this is just a helpful suggestion which I believe will help others in the future if this idea is accepted. It isn't the biggest deal, but in urgent reporting situations, I believe this would be most helpful.

I created a colour chart on what I thought would be most eye catching and suitable for name/title colours. The very first ones are the current colours that are being used. The ones sectioned off are my suggestions. Feel free to share which one you favour!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:19:25 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Staff Global Moderator & Moderator Title Colours
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 02:46:18 pm »
Not a bad idea Buffy. ;o
But oh gosh I like all of those colour choices. o:
I think the two rows on the bottom would have to be my favourites though. c:

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 03:14:17 pm »
I agree we've discussed this sometime in the past. I'm not exactly sure what conclusion we came to then but I know we had some issues on which colors to assign to each rank. From what I recall there was talk about keeping the colors close to each other so that there wouldn't be too many colors throwing off the layout theme of the site but also clashing with MOTS. The subtle color transitions are nice so long as they aren't too subtle like we have now xD

Honestly though the simple color change would help differentiate titles better so I don't see any real issue with changing them. I like the color examples you put here by the way. It's very clever. I like the transition to purple as well as the white also. It would be interesting to see what the other staffy think. Maybe we can finally get somewhere with it and if so hopefully Raz can implement it.

I think the best would be cyan & purple or semi navyish blue so long as it's not hard to read.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:16:48 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 03:22:47 pm »
I have to agree with Ms. Ruby on this one. I too like the last bottom color choices for the titles.
I also support yer claim about the similar colors bein' used upon the Global Moderator/Moderator titles. A bit of a differentiate between the two hues wouldn't hurt- if it can/is to be done. There have been times when, before, even I got the two mixed up from time to time by lookin' at the "Who's Online" list below solely. Users who are not very acknowledged with the staff team, without lookin' at the Staff page, can very easily get the two positions mixed up if dependin' on title colour alone.
gone

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 03:28:06 pm »
Not a bad idea Buffy. ;o
But oh gosh I like all of those colour choices. o:
I think the two rows on the bottom would have to be my favourites though. c:

Aye I agree with your favorites, they're simple, very eye catching and look so lovely with all the others c:

I agree we've discussed this sometime in the past. I'm not exactly sure what conclusion we came to then but I know we had some issues on which colors to assign to each rank. From what I recall there was talk about keeping the colors close to each other so that there wouldn't be too many colors throwing off the layout theme of the site but also clashing with MOTS. The subtle color transitions are nice so long as they aren't too subtle like we have now xD

Honestly though the simple color change would help differentiate titles better so I don't see any real issue with changing them. I like the color examples you put here by the way. It's very clever. I like the transition to purple as well as the white also. It would be interesting to see what the other staffy think. Maybe we can finally get somewhere with it and if so hopefully Raz can implement it.

I think the best would be cyan & purple or semi navyish blue so long as it's not hard to read.

Ohh, I see where you're going with the MOTS titles :o maybe the blue/purple/cyan scale is best fitting to the Global moderator and moderator tags o: Thank you for pointing that out my dear ^^ I'm happy to see agreement with this, even though it's a simple modification, it could help throughout in the future ^^

I have to agree with Ms. Ruby on this one. I too like the last bottom color choices for the titles.
I also support yer claim about the similar colors bein' used upon the Global Moderator/Moderator titles. A bit of a differentiate between the two hues wouldn't hurt- if it can/is to be done. There have been times when, before, even I got the two mixed up from time to time by lookin' at the "Who's Online" list below solely. Users who are not very acknowledged with the staff team, without lookin' at the Staff page, can very easily get the two positions mixed up if dependin' on title colour alone.

I'm glad you agree there, Vespian, I too have been a 'victim' of getting these ranks mixed up, even though I'm clear to who is titled with which rank ^^ I appreciate your reply and view on this! c:

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 03:41:41 pm »
While it's not urgently needed, I do like this idea and fully approve of it. In the past I've had a bit of confusion with telling who was a global mod and who was a regular mod just by looking at the colours at the bottom of the forum. I've always thought the mod and global mod colours were far too similar to differentiate.
If I had to choose which colours we'd have instead, I'd probably for for the first or third options you put there. They're easy to tell apart and they still conform to the colour scheme we've got going on. They're all pretty nice though. xD

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 03:55:15 pm »
While it's not urgently needed, I do like this idea and fully approve of it. In the past I've had a bit of confusion with telling who was a global mod and who was a regular mod just by looking at the colours at the bottom of the forum. I've always thought the mod and global mod colours were far too similar to differentiate.
If I had to choose which colours we'd have instead, I'd probably for for the first or third options you put there. They're easy to tell apart and they still conform to the colour scheme we've got going on. They're all pretty nice though. xD

Couldn't agree with you more, Flobby ^^ I also favour over the cyan/purple/lightblue colours too, they work well, don't they? ^u^

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 04:31:31 pm »
I've honestly never thought about it or cared much to notice this. Maybe it's just cause, until recently, I've been completely inactive. But I love the idea, Buff! Hi5 XD

It's a great idea, in my opinion. I still believe the colors for the (Big bosses) Admins should be something that sticks out from the rest, that way a newbie doesn't mistakenly PM Red for example something that isn't urgent at all.
Don't know so much about the last option since they seem like either side of the regular player's color scheme. After a little bit of thought, I agree with Flob on her choice. They're similar but not too similar. That way it shouldn't coincide with MOTS and so on.

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 06:55:45 pm »
I'm going to honestly step out and say I've never had to take these colours into consideration, but I think these would be extremely helpful for newcomers. I have personally never needed to PM a moderator, or Global Moderator, on a problem (I think) but for those needing to, this would be extremely helpful. My personal favourite is the Cyan/Purple combination :3 smooth, close fitting, yet easily distinguishable from each other, all while fitting to the colour scheme!

I love your idea ;3

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 07:44:19 pm »
I support o: I once had the colors mixed up, but on their profile there is a place showing their position. A nice darker shade of blue or purple would be cool for the moderator title ^^ Giving the site a bit of variation aye?

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves