Author Topic: Staff Global Moderator & Moderator Title Colours  (Read 4927 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Staff Global Moderator & Moderator Title Colours
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 08:31:12 pm »
I've honestly never thought about it or cared much to notice this. Maybe it's just cause, until recently, I've been completely inactive. But I love the idea, Buff! Hi5 XD

It's a great idea, in my opinion. I still believe the colors for the (Big bosses) Admins should be something that sticks out from the rest, that way a newbie doesn't mistakenly PM Red for example something that isn't urgent at all.
Don't know so much about the last option since they seem like either side of the regular player's color scheme. After a little bit of thought, I agree with Flob on her choice. They're similar but not too similar. That way it shouldn't coincide with MOTS and so on.

I'm going to honestly step out and say I've never had to take these colours into consideration, but I think these would be extremely helpful for newcomers. I have personally never needed to PM a moderator, or Global Moderator, on a problem (I think) but for those needing to, this would be extremely helpful. My personal favourite is the Cyan/Purple combination :3 smooth, close fitting, yet easily distinguishable from each other, all while fitting to the colour scheme!

I love your idea ;3

I support o: I once had the colors mixed up, but on their profile there is a place showing their position. A nice darker shade of blue or purple would be cool for the moderator title ^^ Giving the site a bit of variation aye?

~ Whisper
I'm glad everyone is liking the idea, people seem to be approving the idea more and more, it would indeed be more clear for ranks instead of being confused to which is what etc..

Thanks for your input on this!

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 11:03:48 pm »
As Sura mentioned earlier in this thread we have mentioned the idea quickly before a few times in the past, sadly since it hasn't been on the priority list it easily ended up in the "do sometime down the line" list.

The colours has been here for quite a while now and has worked very well. Though I can admit that the mod and global mod colours are very close to each other and something could be done to improve this. One personal thing that might set me back to this change a bit is that changing a long lasting colour that we had now for several years would probably confuse a few people here and there just as much as it would help "new" users of the forum. But of course it's something that would go away with time eventually, but I hope you see my point never the less.

One thing I can say though is that if a change of colours for the mods would take place I do believe it would try to be something more close to each other as in type so we don't get yet another type of colour on the board, but also something more suiting with the over all forum theme as mentioned earlier in Sura's post too. The examples provided here might not be the most suiting for these boards in my opinion and if we are going to go through a change for the mod colours I believe it will lean towards another set. However it's much appreciated that some more light has been shed on the matter from forum users and we might need to nudge into this matter again and try out something new.

This thread will be taken into consideration.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 11:31:17 am »
Aye, I see your point there. I understand it would confuse quite a few people here and there who have been here for a couple of years, but there is always the News & Updates section which we could inform people about in if this change was to happen. Since people are used to the colours we have now, maybe we could just lighten and darken them a bit so we can notice the difference. As I said, it's not much of a big deal to be faffing about with at this moment in time, just a friendly and helpful encouraged suggestion that would prove it's worth in the future. :3

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 02:10:02 pm »
I believe the 3rd row would fit them the best. (If you can't understand it's the row with the purple)
vanitas ยท he/they/it/fae

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 03:48:47 pm »
I honestly like the idea. I would like to see this idea brought to life hun. I like the color-coding you did though. I am very big on organizing, and color coordination. I am a bit of a spazz when it comes to things like this sadly. xD

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

SacuraShadow

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 11:39:59 pm »
very good idea.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 02:07:47 am »
I agree with what has been said on this topic. The global mod/mod colors are too similar, and even a slight change of one of them would be great c:
Farewell everyone<3