Author Topic: We need a few boards.....  (Read 4820 times)

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
We need a few boards.....
« on: November 11, 2014, 12:58:05 am »
We need a rants board.

There are people out there who are upset with things. And they need to get it off their chest, but not in reality. But on the internet, where they can't be heard by reality.
This is all I have right now, will update with more later.

Supporters:
Half-supporters:
Non-supporters:

AlphaEclipse

Re: We need a few boards.....
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 01:17:08 am »
A rants board would defiantly be an interesting addition to the forum for those who would like to get something off their chest, however this forum specifically probably would not go well with that. A rants board would go better on a forum related to something of the sort, but on a game forum it would seem misplaced. In addition to that, someone may accidentally start a strong debate over something, and that's a no-go. It would be bad to start a fight here on a a PG 13-rated forum.

Don't get me wrong - I agree with you. People need to vent every now and then, but something like that on a forum like this isn't probably the best option. It certainly is a creative idea, nevertheless! :3

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 05:39:27 am »
I like this idea because I often get upset about things. But like what Alpha said, thread topics like that can fuel a big-debate that can turn into some insult war. It may not fit as much into this type of forum because of what the staff members expect of us and this place to be.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 09:04:21 am »
Indeed as the others have mildly stated, a board specifically directed at ranting doesn't really fit the nature of our community. We aim to keep this place a friendly place and a board full of ranting wouldn't really make our community look so great. Often times users are very disrespectful when it comes to their rants as well. If we opened a rant board I can easily see people making nasty arguments about bans, hating on staff or other members, and just spiteful complaining in general. I don't really see a proper reason for this kind of thing around here. Having the rant board would also give users more insentive to write out their hostile feelings even if they're things better left unsaid and when it comes to the maturity level of most here that would be quite messy. Currently we have the forum, game, and off topic discussion boards and I believe that that's more than enough space for users to occasionally get their rants out in. We don't need an entire board just for ranting especially given how unrelated and unproductive it is in regards to the rest of the site.

While we do appreciate your suggestions and feedback I'm sorry but I'm going to have to give this one a no.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 12:11:41 pm »
Just another small suggestion.
For the rants board, we can add strict board guidelines.

- No Bans/Kicks/Warnings discussion
- Keep it clean, no bad words
- Anything aimed at another website to make them look bad isn't allowed
- Anything aimed at another member to put them down isn't allowed either
- Follow FeralHeart rules at all times
- No severe drama to cause a war

Offline Metronome

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • IF YOU SMEEEEEELLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 05:36:27 pm »
I support having a board like this. Some people like to get things off their chest, and a can get it out. Adding this board would be nice.

"CLIMB THE LADDER KID, MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS!"- Jim Ross

Video game, zombie, pro wrestling, and giant monster enthusiast. PM if you wish for Steam username.
In-game name: Geekboy27

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 02:30:58 am »
A rants board for sure is something a tad different. I wouldn't mind seeing it around, but I also feel a tad worrisome for the possible drama it may cause on the forums though.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble