Poll

What is your opinion on a Forum Design Update? (Look at picture in first post)

I really like it!
Yeah, that's cool
It's cool, but I don't like change
No, I don't want anything changed
Absolutly not!

Author Topic: Forum Revamp?  (Read 4294 times)

Offline Unio-Mentium

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Side Account for Fantasia_Cross
    • View Profile
Forum Revamp?
« on: March 29, 2015, 05:13:27 am »
Hi guys!

Is there anyone else here who thinks this forum needs some serious visual revamp? I mean...it looks good right now, but...it needs a bit of restyling. I've created a few forums, I'd be totally willing to help out!

EDIT - Here's what I had in mind! Let me know what you guys think!

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:39:02 pm by U???-M?????? »

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Revamp?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 05:17:56 am »
What kind of restyling do you mean? Like new color scheme, reorganized boards, etc.?

I honestly like the way the forum looks right now. I'd hate it if it was completely redone, since I'm used to it and I would probably be too attached the older version.

Offline TheExperience

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Been Busy
    • http://unfilteredart.deviantart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 11:15:36 am »
I'll be quite honest, the possibility of a forum revamp would be scarce, not only that, but the traditional look of the website is what most users call "home." So to change it so suddenly would mean that there would a be stall on posting, because navigation would become cluttered, many dead or old threads would thus be archived and an insane amount of coding would need to go into the new look of the website, because boards would need to be changed, descriptions added, etc, and thus causing a huge inconvenience for the hundreds of members who are on here on a daily basis. Thus, it wouldn't be an all that cool idea.

Its quite hard to change something that has been the same for years, and you'd know the navigation from the back of your hand. Sure, the skin is perhaps... outdated, in some peoples opinion. But this skin is what makes the website, and FH itself. As I said before, its home. C:

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 02:30:07 pm »
Hey, thanks for the input!

This has been suggested before, and the staff have had it on our rather long to-do list to do something of a forum revamp, but it's much easier said than done with the resources, time, and skills we have at our disposal. Just as well, we have much more than cosmetic forum appearances to mind (such as the game itself, forum moderation, events, contests, and much more), so it's a bit of a balancing act, as I'm sure you can imagine.

I don't think we'd do an entire overhaul and redo the format (as we overall have a very well-functioning board system, mostly thanks to Red and Raz's dedication to it over the years), but skins and some perking up of the visual appearances would be neat.

So, make no mistake that it's something we'd like to do, but the timeframe in which it will be done is a bit foggy at this very moment. o: Make no mistake, once we do have some wheels turning with this in a more solid manner, we'll be sure to let you guys know.

Thanks again for the suggestion!
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Unio-Mentium

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 04:11:36 pm »
By Restyling, I mean the textures across the forum, the color scheme fits the game very well, and it wouldn't even have to be completely redone, just a few touch ups, such as the smiley icons and the like. I personally have a great love for designing and have even fiddled around with redesigning this forum in Photoshop when I was bored.  ::)
I agree that to completely overhaul the design would be more work that can be put into it, so that's not a possibility.
I'm really glad that this idea has been checked out before, it's a cool idea...and yes...I do agree as well that keeping the old Design is nostalgic and would be dissapointing to change it, and would make things unfamiliar, but imagine that this same theme could be kept, just smooth and amp it up a teeny bit so you can notice...but not so much that your like  :o *overload of confusion*

Overall, it's the staff's choice, but I highly support this idea with the concept in mind that the overall design look doesn't have to completely change.

Thanks for the friendly receiving of this idea ^^, I've suggested this idea on some other places and they are like "HELLNOGOAWAY"

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 07:42:23 pm »
Ooh the smilies I do agree about. The little pixely edges bother me so much hnnng

Maybe a bit of little touch-ups would be nice. Maybe the brown texture could be seamless since this bothers me as well. (Near the top where it says Hello, namehere)

But yes, if it's not a huge revamp changing everything and just some edits to a few things, then I'm alright with it :3

Master_callos

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 10:24:23 pm »
I'm an old fogey who is scared of change. I think the forum is fine the way it is :P

Offline Unio-Mentium

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 10:49:05 pm »
In just a bit, I'll show you a picture of what I mean, don't lock this thread just yet :)

Offline Unio-Mentium

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 11:29:46 pm »
See, here, this is something of what I imagine. By the way...this took 3 hours to put together, and I'm going to go die now.

DreamerDay

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 11:33:52 pm »
See, here, this is something of what I imagine. By the way...this took 3 hours to put together, and I'm going to go die now.

Ooh! I like that. Can you teach me how to do that?