Author Topic: Genders  (Read 2334 times)

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
Genders
« on: September 05, 2015, 09:30:18 pm »
I kind of have the suggestion for the genders.
They should really add an "Other/Unspecific/Questioning" option for gender other than "Male" and "Female" or just completely blanked out and then there could be a small icon of the gender's flag next to it (or the male AND female sign side by side).

I know it's probably asking a lot and Staff won't able to do such as thing, but hey. It's only a suggestion, right?

Echoing harmony

Re: Genders
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 09:36:49 pm »
Not a bad suggestion either ^^'
I think it's a good idea to add in that.

DreamerDay

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 09:39:36 pm »
I like it

Offline Sixx.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 09:39:59 pm »
They really should do this. For an example, my brother never really wanted to tell his gender. He was afraid that people wouldn't accept him for having girly interests, a boyfriend, etc.

Also, I see you changed your name.
Avatar by the lovely RebelEcho <3

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 09:42:32 pm »
Hm, yes. I did say I would~

Yea.
I do want to show my gender, I do, but I don't really go under male or female and I don't just want a blank, so meh..

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 09:52:29 pm »
This is a very considerate idea, and I understand where you're coming from, but we're not able to add this option without completely updating the forum. If a user doesn't wish to provide their gender, they can leave the option to specify their gender blank. Although this option might be accommodating to other people, including those who wish not to be judged/associated/determined by their gender, I'm not sure that the website's layout formatting provides the option to add this function. However, this is a very kind and thoughtful idea, but I'm not sure we can successfully incorporate this into the website. Thank you for the suggestion, though!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:54:46 pm by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 09:54:17 pm »
We do appreciate the suggestion but from my point of view I don't really see this as necessary. Do not take my opinion the wrong way as this is merely my piece of mind to this topic. I do think that if a user doesn't know what gender to set themself as, is undecided, or just doesn't want to reveal it they could simply leave the field blank. The option we currently have on the site refers more to the individual's biological sex than gender. If the option on site pertained to gender than perhaps I'd agree to there being a need for an "other" option but as of right now I don't see the need. I'm not sure how and if it could be implemented either if this was to be decided on.

Thank you for your suggestion

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 01:07:43 am »
I really hope a huge flamewar doesn't happen in this thread because the discussion of gender automatically makes some people angry.

It would be really nice for the forum to have at least an "Other" option for a gender choice. However, since this forum isn't really up to date and the site that hosts this forum isn't very customizable as far as I heard, I don't think it's possible to make another gender option.