Author Topic: Possible Map Submissions?  (Read 4666 times)

Offline Lady_RavenRose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • RavenBlackRose1996
    • View Profile
    • The Kreptic Circle
Possible Map Submissions?
« on: June 13, 2016, 01:12:53 am »
Hello Everyone!

Kinda odd for me to post here because I really don't post much on the forums! Anyway back to what this is going to be about!

First off I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone who worked so hard on making this update possible and bringing us so many new things to look at and explore! I myself and many members from my group really love it and can't wait to just explore every little detail of the maps! Its just amazing! Now Onto what the subject means

After the recent updated with Fearl Heart and the creation of so many new maps, me and a few members from my group thought of some stuff that we thought could be pretty interesting and a lot of fun!
It would be really interesting if maybe in the future when things settle down and everyone is comfortable with the update if we had map submissions? Because there are SO MANY amazing map makers out their on FH it would be cool if maybe we do once in a while map submissions so either the FH staff or the FH Community votes on a map they really really like and it gets added to the game as like one of the main Fearl Heart Maps! Please let me know what yall think of the idea and if you the staff think it might be do able with time to come?

Thank you everyone! :)

Edit: After posting this here i read the "What is the Input box and noticed  the "this is NOT for suggesting game ideas (Forum/Site Only)." Not sure if this really counts or not under that but I was told by a site official here to post my idea on this part. ^^;
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:16:02 am by IrisBTEC »

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Map Submissions?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 01:19:13 am »
Iris you smol genius ~!
I think this sounds pretty cool & it'll let the community get to contribute some ideas as well ( Hopefully this is something along the lines on what you're talking about lol ).

Very interesting idea c:

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Lady_RavenRose

• Experienced Traveler
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • RavenBlackRose1996
    • View Profile
    • The Kreptic Circle
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 01:23:16 am »
Haha close ^^. I mean letting members help adding ideas to the maps staff makes would be cool. But i meant just anyone who wants can make a really cool map, and submit they're map to the staff for map submissions then everyone will vote on which maps would be cool to add to game. ^^'

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 01:25:07 am »
OH!

Then yes, that sounds cool either way ^^
- Le Nuzzles , Smacks Pandeer Sticker To Le Snout -
Like the way you think c:

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 01:34:41 am »
Ah, I love this idea!!! It would be AWESOME!

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 01:45:32 am »
Yes I agree, this would be a nice idea!

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 01:24:53 pm »
Sadly not the best idea as the way you make maps in the game now is not the way one makes maps for the actual game.

This is to prevent abuse of the maps and changing it around to the game breaks down completely. As it's also done for safety sake we cannot really tinker around and let anyone make maps for the patch, as then everyone would be able to make it so, and if they had bad intentions many less good things would come from it.

Now it's not a complete bone breaker as there's probably some ways to make maps that users create compatible with the regular FH maps after it's actually done so it's not impossible.

But then there's whole question that most users seem to forget or not grasp, as most of the current maps and future maps has not been made for the main purpose of being cool as a "map" but to fit in and be a part of the world we're trying to create. In the old game it was just random maps spread out everywhere, in different directions, with different environments and broken bearings, nothing really made sense. If you've kept a close eye you can see how all maps are properly connected and environments slowly change to create this world and we hope that it will continue to expand in the future.

Making a map is not quite the "I'm going to sit down and make this one amazing map" as it's more, how am I going to sit down and make this amazing map to complement the rest of the FeralHeart world. There's limitations in some cases on what can be done or should be done, how the world around the map should look not only in it, how it got there, things like borders and walls around the maps, types of objects and textures chosen.

It would need some understanding and would need to be placed in a rather specific place in the game world now. And giving information and instructions and then have people make work just to deny it or ask them to scrap it all together is not really a good way to go, as it needs closer talking and communication which has even so been tricky on a staff level sometimes.

I get that many users wants "in" on the action, and see a good chance now as we're expanding, some users out there are most likely better than us on the staff to make maps too if it was about making a pretty map, but as it stands now I don't see any good way to let users make random maps that makes it into the game, and even if we tried I could see quite some things go wrong.

I think that it's rather safe to say that this is probably not something that will take place in a near future as this new world is still in it's infancy. Hope that explains it.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 02:24:04 pm »
mmm, thanks Red.
To put it extremely simply then, it would very finicky and complicated to make this idea work.
Eventhoughit'salovelyideaohmygod
But so many things could go wrong unfortunately D:

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 04:45:57 pm »
It would probably be possible, but sitting down, holding hand and be someone's mentor the whole time they make a map that could work with the game is not the best idea, neither that they'd need to be trusted with the information they are given, neither would it be as fun as making a random map, as making a specific type of map with certain limitations.

Making a patch map is not quite the same as making a map that you really want to make with the only consideration being that it needs a portal from cape.

Not trying to shut down dreams or anything, but it would probably be the best to have some faith in that potential future maps will eventually create more diversity and open world feeling, but also sense than good maps randomly put into the game ever would, if that makes sense.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Lady_RavenRose

• Experienced Traveler
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • RavenBlackRose1996
    • View Profile
    • The Kreptic Circle
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 06:12:55 pm »
I have plenty faith in the new maps if we ever get them in the future that you guys create, I just thought it would be interesting to see everyone else wanting to join in or help out, u.u oh well... I tried..
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 06:17:50 pm by IrisTEC »