Author Topic: More gender options?  (Read 5443 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: More gender options?
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 09:33:26 pm »
I'd love this to be implemented, though I'm not quite sure it's possible with the forum they use. Even if some people disagree with the whole more than two genders thing, they wouldn't be forced to use the other options, and it'd help a lot of other members become more comfortable. Even just a dropdown menu or maybe text area with possible pronouns would be nice, though there is always the Bio/About Me and Signature to put pronouns and such as well.

I don't really want to get into an argument over this, but I do support. If the staff have the ability to add this or anything similar I think it'd be a good addition, and of course no one is being forced into anything.

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2016, 10:54:36 pm »
If this was possible I feel it would be a good idea, what is gender anyway? It's what someone identifies themselves as, and along with that goes the typical gender roles which are definitely known to be sexist. (Gender roles suck xD) If people ask my gender I will tell them I identify as a girl and I know I'm a girl, but according to gender roles I might be more masculine at times or more feminine. (Let's face it, I'm all over the place, a frikken rainbow xD) So if someone were to ask me if I acted more like a male or a female, I wouldn't know how to react other than saying it varies. In the end as far as gender goes, I may identify as a girl, but at the same time I just identify as myself. I'm me, and no gender role is gonna change me, or label. I might be a girl, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna be a stereotypical one. xD (Sorry for this slightly off topic rant but my point for this is that I feel like labels for gender identity need to be a bit more vast, maybe even a box we can type in to say what we feel we most identify as.)

Offline crystalleafeon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Your local Leafeon (call me Roe!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 09:28:07 pm »
Only '90s kids will remember when there was only 2 factory issued ones, just like in the game.  And nature, which the game emulates.

euch

eghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

EUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 04:06:47 am »
Only '90s kids will remember when there was only 2 factory issued ones, just like in the game.  And nature, which the game emulates.
Only '90s kids will remember a little something called respect.

You must be from the 2000s.

Offline crystalleafeon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 06:26:25 pm »

And nature, which the game emulates.

MMM yes nature like dragons and sparkledogs

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 02:50:22 am »
I do like the idea, as many people would be more comfortable, however, and please don't take this the wrong way, there could be an infinite amount of "tumblr genders," meaning the list would need to be constantly updated, unless a fill-in box would be the replacement.
Good idea though.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 07:50:22 am »

And nature, which the game emulates.

MMM yes nature like dragons and sparkledogs

Lmfao!

there could be an infinite amount of "tumblr genders," meaning the list would need to be constantly updated

A simple "other" and "none" would suffice, actually. xD No need to worry about naming every single non-binary gender. The "other" option would also be forgiving to intersex people who embrace their ambiguity and choose not to surgically change their bits to binary. They do exist.

Offline crystalleafeon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 07:30:08 pm »
I do like the idea, as many people would be more comfortable, however, and please don't take this the wrong way, there could be an infinite amount of "tumblr genders," meaning the list would need to be constantly updated, unless a fill-in box would be the replacement.
Good idea though.

Agreed, there are a LOT of genders. The best option would be an 'other' option.