Author Topic: Map Title Opinions (FOUND NEW NAME)  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Unio-Mentium

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Side Account for Fantasia_Cross
    • View Profile
Map Title Opinions (FOUND NEW NAME)
« on: November 02, 2016, 04:50:50 am »

Thanks to my fiance's crazy mind and snappy imagination, we came up with a name for it last night that fits well with the intended plot. It shall be named Plains of Eternity.

So. I have begun a new project for a Comic I'm making, since custom posed models cannot be placed in in-game maps. This map I am making is supposed to be a absurdly massive kin to Endless Plains of FH+ before it died.
Now, what I need your guys' help with, is the name. Originally, I had leaned heavily on Google Translate, but I find that...it's kind of sucking for this job. I was going to be naming this map 'Plains of Silence' due to the fact that in this comic, it is virtually endless, and many who enter get hopelessly lost and are never seen again. BUT I wanted to give it a slightly more...other worldly title that would make it sound as though it was of a different dimension/planet. (Which, it actually is)

SO...along the same lines at the original intended title, does anyone here have any good naming ideas/websites where I might pull something of more...special origins? Comment!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:19:47 pm by Unio-Mentium »

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Map Title Opionions (Need your Help & Opinions!)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 05:07:45 am »
(Click Here)Check it out

Has worked for me in the past. May not find exactly what you're looking for but hope it leads you in the right direction
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Unio-Mentium

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Side Account for Fantasia_Cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 06:00:02 am »
(Click Here)Check it out

Has worked for me in the past. May not find exactly what you're looking for but hope it leads you in the right direction

Ah! Thanks! I remember this site! It's a beginning.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 07:02:36 am »
(Click Here)Check it out

Ah! Thanks! I remember this site! It's a beginning.

Glad to hear. I recommend looking through multiple subcategories such as Planet Names, Temple Names, River Names, etc. Sometimes in categories that don't match what you're looking for, there are good names too ^^
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 03:54:00 pm »
I will move this topic over to the Work in Prpgress Maps & Map Discussion board, as I believe this may fit a bit better here.

Looking through name/title websites can definitely help, but if you're wanting to go through perhaps a more personal route, sometimes what I'll do when I'm having trouble titling something is look through the map a bit and try to find specific objects (such as grass and trees). If the map you were creating was a very forest-y map, you might be able to put together something like "Grassy Fortress'" from just those few objects. I think you would still be able to apply this to your map.

Also, try looking at a few poems, perhaps about plants, nature, etc. Sometimes a poem title may help to stir your imagination, or even a specific line in the body of the poem.

Good luck!

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.