Author Topic: 18+ Board?  (Read 7583 times)

WaterMelons4lif

Re: 18+ Board?
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 10:58:52 pm »
I'm about 29 , right now , and I support the idea of having an 18+ board on here.

Offline Halfless

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 12:57:43 am »
i dont really see the harm in having an 18+ board. some users have grown with the site, and having an area to discuss more mature topics could be beneficial. however im also okay with these topics being PM'd or whsipered about in game as well, so that there isnt too much of a chance of minors stumbling onto the wrong board.

Offline FOXHOUND

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • V HAS COME TO
    • onegun
    • @OO1GUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 05:32:31 am »
the title of '18+' is kinda misleading tbh& there's also just the general premise that online you.......... really can't confirm whether or not someone is above eighteen or below. plus just, inherently, when you see 18+ regardless of whatever mentality the board is meant to possess your mind immediately associates it with graphic or sexual content. there's plenty of space to have mature and  meaningful discussion without a board specifically for adults on the forum of an animal game which has 'keep it PG13' in rules and, as an animal game, will thereby attract a large younger audience.  anything 'adult-ly' worth discussing on such a board could be discussed out in the open w/o the guise of 'adults only, lol'. like.... idk if y'all wanted to have a convo about current social issues or gender/sexuality/etc you could do so respectfully in a non-graphic way w/o a board discluding minors u know? it's just a matter of how u phrase it.  none of those topics have to be sensitive or treated as 18+ if they're discussed in a Genuinely Respectful Way. and anything that is outside of those boundaries that delves into the actual meaning of '18+' really......... does not belong on FH at all.

" HE EATS TO ABANDON PARADISE! "

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 06:05:16 pm »
Noooo, no no no.

I can see the appeal, being over 18 myself. Having a place to discuss the more mature topics in life with like-minded people sounds nice. But at the end of the day, FeralHeart is geared towards the young, adolescent age group. Therefore I believe having an 18+ section wouldn't be appropriate. There are plenty of other places on the internet to discuss those sorts of things. Here isn't going to be one of them.

And even if we did get one, keeping it in an ideal clean condition just isn't going to happen. The label '18+' will just attract the wrong sort of attention.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 10:40:54 pm »
Indeed the section would have its proper uses, but there's always the issue with the misuse of such a board.

As Flo suggested, FH is geared more for a younger audience, while we do have older users, the section wouldn't be a fitting choice. It might attract the wrong uses while intended for the right use(mature discussion, more mature topics etc.). There's also the workload on the staff already. Having to heavily monitor a section labeled 18+ is already more work than what they already have with events, reports, moderation etc.
As much as i'd like to see such a board for mature topics and discussion among the older part of the community, I don't feel it's appropriate for the main age group that Feral Heart in itself is aimed for.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Summeralla

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 01:42:29 pm »
18+ boards are kinda defeating the purpose of Feralheart. I believe FeralHeart is family friendly game for everyone, so it would't be wise to make one. Although it would be nice, I don't think its safe. Like Feareh said, it could be abused and cause chaos.

Why not make a 18+ skype conversation instead?

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 03:06:57 pm »
An 18+ board isn't really the best material for a child-frienly environment such as FeralHeart. Even if there were such thing of a place, it would be difficult to categorise this and more complicated. Personally, I think FeralHeart should be kept and seen as only a child-frienly and recommended PG13 environment. I very much doubt parents would appreciate an anti-social area, somewhat promoting adult themes within that area. There is no way it would work.

Overall...

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 03:30:39 pm »
I have sort of mixed opinions on this suggestion, I am both positive and negative about it.
Though I do appreciate more mature sections on forums, this is probably not the right
place to have it considering the majority are minors. It also really depends on the topics.
More mature topics are definitely something I am interested in, but yeah, it can easily be
abused like others have stated above. It would give the staff more work to do as well.
It is difficult to keep track of who has access to these boards.
There are many websites to be found with older audiences. It is also possible to make
a group chat somewhere else where everyone who is interested can come together.
Again, I am all for more mature topics to discuss, but not on these forums.

Offline misspink

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • https://www.deviantart.com/l-lan
    • View Profile
    • My 3D Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 04:44:45 pm »
Just create a 18+ forum or create a 18+ group?
I support the idea. There is nothing in this world that is 100% perfect so I don't see why there can't be something 18+.
There are advantages to things and there are disadvantages.
If the age limit is a problem just create it as 18+ or Mature Audience's Only? Some people may take it too far. If they do just kick them out or give strikes.
Same thing is with everything online I don't see a different.  Don't let small differences stop you from doing what you want to do.
Have fun.
Everyone stay awesome.
I like video games.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 05:39:14 pm »
This sounds like a fabulous idea! It would have to be implemented that only 18+ users can view it and I am not sure there is a code for such a thing but nonetheless a good topic. I'd love a board like that myself, it would be fun and silly! <3

Wonderful topic.<3 Don't think I have ever seen this before!
not active here anymore ♡