Author Topic: Infected  (Read 21797 times)

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
Infected
« on: July 05, 2013, 04:34:49 pm »
OK, so recently I've had this idea for a game to play in FeralHeart, but I'm not to good at starting things like this, and usually need someone telling me to do it xD So I have decided to put it up here to see what you people think
Heres the details, I have had quite some time to think this over, but if you see any faults, then please tell me so we can improve it together. If you have any suggestions to make the game better then tell me aswell (Please no ideas to make it more complicated >.<).

INFECTED

In this game, everyone starts of as 'Pure' and all have to join a party. This has been so that anybody can play and join in at anytime without having to leave any groups.
 A few people (3-4) are chosen to be the first 'Infected'. Their usernames will be jotted down on a piece of paper I will have with me.
 The game then starts when everybody has had time to spread out.
 If the infected people 'infect' another user by clearly passing through them, then the person infected must state, in party chat, the username of the person who has infected them, and their own username. I then add the new username to my list, and also put a small line or 'point' next to the username of which infected that person. The person now infected can go out and infect other people.
 Infected users can form 'teams'. If you want this team to be counted, then whisper the person running the game once it is formed. This team, including the users in it, will be jotted down as well, so when a person is infected by a team member(s) then they will announce that in party in addition to the other information. Then that team gets a point.

The game ends when everybody has been infected.
 There will then be the announcements of places (This is just for fun, so there is no prize except the honour and reputation.)

Awards

Last Infected
1st
2nd
3rd

User to infect most
1st
2nd
3rd

Group to infect most
1st
2nd
3rd

Can you think of any more awards?

The Rules

- Follow all rules that apply.
- No swearing or cussing.
- Do not disrespect other members, we're here to have some fun.~
- The Infected and Survivors may team up.
- You must turn off both your minimap and usernames. Not doing so will ruin the whole experience.
-No f3ing this is an unfair advantage.
- No cheating. Let's all play fair to achieve the full effect of the game.
- Once you become infected, you are infected and must announce it in Group chat.
- Before becoming afk, you may turn back on your map and head to the pond. Standing atop a lily pad will alert us of your in-activeness. Being afk for more than half an hour will cause you to automatically become an Infected.
-Respect the mods.
- Have fun!

The Map
The game will be mapped. The amazing Hugrf is working on the map.
Here is the maps progress so far:

The maze.

Other stuff.

Additional ideas
Here I will put up promising ideas. its then up to you to decide their approval!

.exe:
- We should have game moderators to reduce cheating, in case there may be some. The moderators help keep things in order, and watches over certain areas of the map.
- The moderators could be the only ones with the addition of wings, so they may moderate while within the air and help instruct those who have any further questions. They can be like a guide somewhat, while also being sure all rules are followed.
- The wings'll help players differentiate those who are playing from those who are moderating. If the mods want to play in the next round, they can give their place to another trusted member who has played the last round.

have party / groups. Say the Survivors are in Party chat and the Infected are in Group, or vice versa. So when a Survivor becomes an Infected, they leave the Party and join the Group. And if the "moderator" idea pulls through, perhaps one can be a part of the Party chat and another in the Group chat? Just incase some intolerable behaviour shows up rather. The remaining mods, as said, can patrol certain areas?

Thank you for reading, and, what do you think? I really want to know what you guys think of this xD
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 09:59:15 pm by Kiaz »

Offline Lunardead

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Something I would like to try
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 04:55:32 pm »
I absolutely love this idea. You don't see many games going on in-game and I think this would be great around Halloween. Being a zombie fanatic, I really hope this happens C:
Just a quick suggestion, I think the infected people should have something in their name or a specific marking indicating that they are infected.
And I don't see how the 'Last Infected' awards would work. How do you know if they are first, second, or third? Maybe there could be an award for the last three to not be infected instead of places. Unless that's what you mean.

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 05:01:23 pm »
Yes, that's what I mean xD 'Last infected' as in 'last to be infected'. And I'm really glad you like this idea, its been bugging me for a while, and I didn't know weather or not to do it, as I'm not good at doing things myself out of the blue x3

Oh and, I dont know about adding things to people, I did consider it but I would like this to be a game where anyone can join at anytime, easily. Say your just hanging around because everyone from your rp has just left, and you see this game going on. You want to join, but you don't want to leave that specific character incase you cant get back on/want to get there quick.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 05:05:28 pm by Kiaz »

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 05:14:58 pm »
Ooh, I very much enjoy this idea. I agree with Blackbirded that it'd be perfect for this lit'le game to take place around Halloween. ~ I'm very much a fan of zombie-type things, and I'd definitely participate in this.

Hey, maybe a special map could be made for this purpose? I was thinking a map that contains maze-like features as well as a few open areas, and that everyone turns their name tags off to get a more realistic and fun feel to it, without knowing where everyone else is.

Anyways, wonderful idea to bring some more fun to fellow floofs. ~

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 06:33:48 pm »
I love this idea! :3 Perhaps, like .exe said, there can be a map. I'm thinking a jungle-like place with tons of plants and places to hide in, yet, you have to switch hiding places every 2 exact minutes?
I certainly might love to play some time too. ^_^

Hurr, I like the idea! c:

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 08:27:24 pm »
I think this would be a great community game ^^ It may be a bit more troublesome for players that lag more often, but I'm sure we could work something out.

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 08:28:38 pm »
A map sounds cool, and since General has been turned off, then it would be easier in a map as you could tell people over general what was happening and when the game would be over.
That sounds good ^^

Oh, and I was thinking, to lengthen the awards list a bit, maybe infected people could make 'teams' to work together. But for it to be an official team they should whisper the host of the game, so that person can jot it down. Then if somebody is infected by member(s) of a team, then they say that teams name in party aswell as the username.
That way, with the awards, there could be "team with most infected" or something.

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 10:00:53 pm »
Just a quick suggestion, I think the infected people should have something in their name or a specific marking indicating that they are infected.

This is a good idea. I think what may make it that extra bit more challenging, along with having a thick jungle map, would be turning off all nametags. The infected would have one specific marking, and that would be all you had to tell if you should run or not. ;D could make it too hard depending on the map, but since you can see nametags through objects it would make more sense if you're trying to hide in dense bushes.

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 10:04:55 pm »
Yes, all your ideas have built up this into something I can see as being really good. If we could find a good map maker who would be willing to put in the effort, I wouldnt mind having a go at it. If anybody else would like to help me out with this I would be grateful as Im not too good at doing things by myself, specially things that include the community like this. I could think of a good set of rules right now, and given time to think it over, improve the explanation of the game aswell x3

Oh, and with this marking thing, should we think of a specific marking, or should we create a marking ourselves. I could probably find something in the massmarkings pack that would work....maybe the toxic symbol.....
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:07:12 pm by Kiaz »

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 10:21:51 pm »
I could take some time working on the game map too if no one wants to make the map, even with the fact I'm working on a map pack, I could take a break from it and create the jungle map itself.
However, the jungle map will have some spacey areas so there isn't really any lag. ^_^
Want me to make it? (Hopefully the map doesn't derp on me. o3o)