Author Topic: Infected  (Read 21911 times)

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
Re: Something I would like to try
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 12:17:23 pm »
Rules eh? Well I think we figured we are going to turn off name tags. and then once your infected you must put on a specific marking wasn't it? And you must announce the usernames and such in party once your infected. So if you can figure a way if simply putting them in a list while we think of more rules xD

anybody got ideas for rules?

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 12:40:38 pm »
I've got some ideas for the rules:

- Follow all rules that apply.
- No swearing or cussing.
- Do not disrespect other members, we're here to have some fun.~
- The Infected and Survivors may team up.
- You must turn off both your minimap and usernames. Not doing so will ruin the whole experience.
- No cheating. Let's all play fair to achieve the full effect of the game.
- Once you become infected, you are infected and must announce it in General chat.
- Before becoming afk, you may turn back on your map and head to the pond. Standing atop a lily pad will alert us of your in-activeness. Being afk for more than half an hour will cause you to automatically become an Infected.
- Have fun!

I don't know if these'll do. Change it however way you want. ~

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 12:43:37 pm »
Those sound good, although I think if we did have the infected put on a specific marking, it should be something from the original default markings, that way anyone can play and see the infected markings.

Have you considered having the Survivors talk in party chat, and the Infected talk in General? Mebbeh so mebbeh no.

You may want to throw in a basic no-cussing rule, although it can be a little more laid-back than public maps, since this one will be private. Exxle got that one. ;D

What about dashing with E, though? Or wings? For wings, I think it'd be fun, but my concern is that floofs will hover way up in the sky for the entire game and just wait out the infection. xD And for E, I feel like that would just take away the novelty of the chase if everyone is dashing constantly. Thoughts? o:

Edit: I do like the list .Exe posted. They're all pretty reasonable. :3
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 12:44:28 pm »
These are brilliant .exe! I was thinking though, instead of general, they will announce it in a party/group and then leave the party/group. That way I can see how many survivors are left, and find the 1st 2nd and 3rd 'last to be infected' users.

with the wings I dont think should be added. For one thing, like you said whitlightheart, they might just abuse the power to win, and another is with the maze it wouldn't be much of a challenge, and if you are an infected, then it will be easier to find 'pure' players. I'm not entirely sure about the E button though.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 12:47:03 pm by Kiaz »

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 01:06:52 pm »
Ermagerd... owo Alright, WhiteLightHeart... Your mentioning of wings gave me the idea that:
- We should have game moderators to reduce cheating, in case there may be some. The moderators help keep things in order, and watches over certain areas of the map.
- The moderators could be the only ones with the addition of wings, so they may moderate while within the air and help instruct those who have any further questions. They can be like a guide somewhat, while also being sure all rules are followed.
- The wings'll help players differentiate those who are playing from those who are moderating. If the mods want to play in the next round, they can give their place to another trusted member who has played the last round.

And that's an awesome idea, Kiaz, to have party / groups. Say the Survivors are in Party chat and the Infected are in Group, or vice versa. So when a Survivor becomes an Infected, they leave the Party and join the Group? 'Tis good idea. And if my "moderator" idea pulls through, perhaps one can be a part of the Party chat and another in the Group chat? Just incase some intolerable behaviour shows up rather. The remaining mods, as said, can patrol certain areas? Cx

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 05:06:43 pm »
That's brilliant .exe! So Ill add the rule list, and those ideas, to the official thread.
I recon the people who have helped make this game should be mods to start off with, then if we find that there are some well known and trusted members playing alot we can have them aswell!

~Edit~
On the rules list, I have added a rule to respect the mods.
I have added a section for additional ideas. People can look at those and decide whether they approve or not.
And I was thinking. The survivors can be in group, and the infected in party. This is so, with the rule that if they are afk for more than half an hour, then I can kick them to show they are now infected.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:24:19 pm by Kiaz »

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 06:07:28 pm »

This is the rules board that will be in the map next to another board like it.
Is it good? I can edit it really, because I have the Gimp editing file too. ^^
Alright, I will go back to making the map now. Wish me luck. c:

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2013, 06:13:19 pm »
Wish you luck!
Oh, and I was just going to edit the rules now, because where it says 'Once you are infected announce in General chat' needs to be changed to 'Once you are infected announce in group chat'

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2013, 06:51:32 pm »
I think it would be best to say it in General chat really, but I'll change it if you'd like.
Also, another screenshot I got. The map is going good so far, and might even be tested today once all the grass is planted and everything is checked. :)

I'll probably take more screenshots later if you'd like. ^^

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2013, 06:57:00 pm »
This looks awesome! I cant wait to try it out xD. Screenshots'll be cool, I can stick them on the official thread x3