Author Topic: Buster's Journey {WIP}  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Kingslay

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • The Map-Maker ~
    • View Profile
Buster's Journey {WIP}
« on: January 01, 2012, 11:45:05 pm »
Walking through Central Park something catches your eye, a corner of something is peaking out beside a lonely cherry tree. You turn and jerk at the corner, uncovering more of the item. You give one final tug and out pops a book. You pick it up and dust off the cover, it reads "Buster's Journey" Of course your curiousity gets the best of you and you slowly open to the first page.

I sat in my chair, squirming around with impatience. "As you all know, two lucky students here at ICC will go explore Drasendia. " Mr. Johnson announced, tapping his fingers on his desk, staring at the students. He pulled out a piece of paper and another wave of impatience crashed through the room. "The winners are....." I leaned forward, eager. "Tena....." A girl in the back of the room squeaked with joy. That must be Tena. I thought then turned back to look at Mr. Johnson. "And...." Come on! Spit it out! "Buster!" Mr. Johnson said, official-sounding as usual. "Yes!" I accidently burst out. I covered my mouth and I'm sure my face was red as a tomatoe from the looks I was getting. "Sorry." I said quieter. Mr. Johnson cleared his throat then went on blubbering. I can't believe it! I'm going to Drasendia! It's said that that place is magical, but I dont believe those fairy tale stories. Riiiiing! The tiny hammer on the class bell had struck, making quite a loud sound, class was over. Now I could go pack, I mean the trip was tomorrow.

Once I arrived home I went straight to my room. I tumbled around to find my pack. Where is it? I asked myself and got on my hands and knees to check under my bed. Sure enough it was down there. I pulled it out and shoved some clothes into the pack, leaving my dresser a mess. "Buster, what in the name of Heaven are you doing?" My mother came up behind me. I did not turn around to face her, I just continued fitting essential items into my pack. "I won the Drasendia trip drawing thing at ICC, I'm packing." I said flatly. "That's a good one Buster!" My sister called from her room. "Shut up! I'm 17, and you are? Yup, 13. I can flatten you." I grumbled back to her. "Buster, don't talk like that." My mother snapped. "Sor-ree." I rolled my eyes, then turned to make sure she hadn't seen that. "Well, have fun I suppose, dear." She kissed my cheek then walked down the stairs. I was ready, after about half an hour of packing. Most of it was just trying to fit everything to where I could zip the darned thing. I went downstairs and ate my roast beef, potatoes and peas then went back up to sleep. I wanted to start my trip as soon as possible. I couldn't sleep, I just kept staring at the ceiling and flip flopping around. Finally I sighed and shut my eyes and soon was engulfed by dreams....

I dreamt that I lay in a dark place. The scene came forward, a dim mountain range...but they weren't normal mountains...they were built-up ashes. I got to my feet and looked over the edge of the small cleft I was on. Lava lay below, I stumbled back. I woke up in another place, more mountains, but a better, calmer scene. I sat by a cherry tree. Leaning back on the log I closed my eyes and saw a balloon burst then everything went dark again and a crystal grew brighter and brighter...

I woke up finally and gasped, I sighed in relief as I saw I was back in my bedroom. Rubbing my hand through my short black hair I turned and got off my bed.

Offline DungeonSiegeWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Buster's Journey {WIP}
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 01:51:45 am »
Cool! ;D I hope to hear more!