Author Topic: "Floaty" Emoticons??  (Read 5876 times)

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
"Floaty" Emoticons??
« on: April 11, 2012, 04:51:20 pm »
I was running around through the public maps and I couldn't help but wonder to myself which users were taking part of an rp and those who weren't.

So I just had an idea come to me: small icons that would float over the player's head that would reveal what they are up to. They icons would symbolize very general ideas such as a smiley with a helmet on for rp, one with binoculars for a member who is searching (possibly for a mate, group, rp players; it wouldn't be specific), and maybe just a silly face for those who want to join dance lines!

I understand that having icons constantly over one's head could be quite annoying, so I would also suggest a toggle feature, giving the user the option of seeing the icons or not.

I kinda have the feeling that someone else has come up with this idea...if this idea is already out there, please direct me to that thread and lock this one.

CloudFish

Re: "Floaty" Emoticons??
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 05:03:21 pm »
I'm usually against anything floating over my head. I don't even really like nametags, though of course they're neccessary in public maps. But I think this would be useful in a way, and the toggle option would be a must have.

I think this would tie in with like an idle icon, or an "AFK" one.

Either way,good idea, it'd be useful.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 05:07:22 pm »
I'm not too sure about that. Specially the emoticons part. I'd actually like it if we'd know what people were up to. But the emoticons is a big nono for me. xD
I'd prefer colors instead, like in msn or skype.. maybe? Just shaped like a square? xD

-Green for users who are just sitting around, chatting with friends, looking for someone to start a conversation with, etc.

-Red for users who are Rping maybe? For players who are currently surfing on the internet and sort of afk-ish. Or just when they do not want to be disturbed, etc.

-Orange for the players who are away from keyboard.

Players should definitely be able to toggle it. To avoid some users being unhappy. c:
Although it's your idea and your idea only. xD I just wanted to show my side of it, and how I would like it.(:

Signature by Delay. <3

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 06:22:45 pm »
I think I actually would prefer the colours.

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 08:34:13 pm »
I think I like the colors too, actually. But instead of a square, maybe just the color of the font of a user's name tag? That would make it easier on the developers than having to add in an extra shape with its own motion etc.

..."to see what others are up to..." I never really meant it in a "stalker" way, but it would prevent people from just randomly running into an rp and starting a dance line. XD
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:37:47 pm by Aberguine »

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 09:54:01 am »
Yeah, that sounds good too. c:
And neither did I, the ''stalker-ish'' thing didn't even cross my mind. o.o xD
This would definitely help a lot of users, maybe there should be one extra color to tell if a user is ''searching''.
Like blue? Searching for a RP, mate, friends.. anything really. (:

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline SpiritDragon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Cuboy, the ultimate friend. c:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 03:52:47 am »
I very much like this idea. No more random whispers from people when I'm AFK. >3
I come to nibble on your tamales.

Offline LunaWolfen

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 06:14:24 am »
I think the coloured name font is a good idea.  :)

Offline _-Rain-_

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 06:22:17 pm »
I like this idea :D

Offline DivineHeroine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Keep that fiery faith.
    • divine-angel-heroine
    • GoldenAngelDragon
    • divine-angel-heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 05:24:35 pm »
I strongly agree with you idk what to choose with the idea though..the colors? or the emoticaon notice? idk but i love this idea!