Author Topic: In-game and real-time sky editing  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
In-game and real-time sky editing
« on: June 17, 2012, 04:37:52 am »
Well! one idea which has occurred to me during my time in FeralHeart would be an in-game GUI that would allow you to adjust things such as the positioning of the sun, ambient colours, cloud colours, the time of day, et cetera - much akin to what you can do in Second Life. The changes would only affect what you see and not others, and there could always be an option to re-synchronise with the default game time and settings.

In my opinion, this would be perfect for pictures - especially if you want something like a dramatic sunset shot. With FeralHeart as it is, a person has to wait around for a long while if they want a particular time of day - so why not allow them to adjust it themselves? :3

Also, here's a picture of the Second Life sky editor, so people whom don't play the game can get a vague idea of what I'm talking about:

Mayhaps something as complex as this wouldn't be able to be implemented, but it would still be nice to have a small "time of day" setting that you can adjust, and maybe choose from pre-defined settings such as "sunrise", "sunset", "noon", "night", and so on. :3

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: In-game and real-time sky editing
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:46:36 am »
I love the idea it looks and sounds great. Possibly could happen in the future but the sad part is Kov has to do it which he probably wont because well he is Kov. But I think it is great and thought it would be good to be implemented into the game.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.