Poll

Should we have cat models?

I'd love a cat model!
I'd prefer to use the lion!

Author Topic: //Edited: Old post  (Read 4165 times)

Offline Oslo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
    • View Profile
//Edited: Old post
« on: May 23, 2013, 08:13:52 am »
//Edited: Old post
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 03:40:36 am by Oslo »
i'm here once a blue moon

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 10:46:03 pm »
Well, there could be items for claws, whiskers, collars, puffy tails, fur and such.
Lions are felines, and a cat model isn't really worth it in my opinion.
And who knows what Kov might think of this honestly.
It's a good idea honestly, but lions are already cats, and you can make it look like cat.
Though the feline model's faces should be edited, so people can make more cat-like faces, know what I mean?

EDIT: I also think Kov only wanted the wolf and lion models for the game, and made cat and dog ears for a reason.
We can be creative with those models, too.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:54:44 pm by Hugrf »

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 10:52:18 pm »
I totally agree with this! I would love the idea of the cat model with wiskers, claws, collors as the meow sound. I know there is the lion model to do this but the only way its going to look 'fluffy' is if you put the fluffy mane on it and we all know a cat doesn't have a mane like a lions. Also I have thought about this for the dog model. You can't really create a pitbull, staffy, great dane, mastiff, beagle, pug (etc) out of the wold char as these dogs have a lot of different shaped, patterns, faced, bodies excetra. You usually have to use a lion model for any of the flatter faced dogs.
In my opinion a few animal models should be added to make to game more fun for others. Maybe a dog model, cat model, croc, bird and maybe a horse/zebra/goat, elephant, giraffe (etc) type model. I know there is a likely chance this will not happen but may be considered in years to come. But we all know a 'MLP' will be made with the horse model and even sparkle dogs, but then the idea of only being able to choose certain colors for certain models. Along with a new variety of markings as all animals ae unique in their own may and have a variety of different markings and shaped.
On that note I'll go back to the topic of the cat model; I agree and think it would be nice for a cat model to be added, it would make a nice touch to feralheart. Being able to run about as a little cute kitty :D and maybe adding 1/2 new maps for the model like a city type map so no one has to download maps and have a nice publinc map to roam. Especially those who can't download maps. Anyway as I've stated a few times I agree with you and would love a cat model to be added. Or maybe kov could add more options for editing you char so it looks more cat like and alloying you to choose different fur types etc. But here you have my honest thoughts and opinions.
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline MadMoai

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Sleepy woof
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 11:15:51 pm »
Eeh, I've considered this before. I only have two feline characters, so I don't have much of an opinion, but Hugrf has a point; the lion model is easy enough to manipulate into a cat. I like the way it looks, personally. The only thing that's bothered me was that the muzzle can't get small enough to look like that of a domestic cat, but I guess that's just a 'design element.' |D but yeah, lions are already cats, so...

..i'll be quiet now or else I'll ramble.

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 06:30:48 am »
Also something I forgot in my post as about the tails and eyes of the cats. Not all cats have an extremely thick tail that drags accross the ground. They do have thin tails, thick tails, slightly curled or even the docked type tales. Some have a range of different eyes some being wide, slightly squinted etc. Also the muzzle doesn't go to a small enough size along with the nose, shape of the face etc. Kov may not make the cat model as the lion model is a cat but it would be a nice idea. Or he could add some more option designs for the feline and canine model so you can make them look more like cats, dogs and what ever. Maybe it would be nice to have more actions added like dig, sit on hind legs, stand on hind legs, sleep, wag tail, claw/paw, snap etc. Just to make the game a little more interesting.
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 12:07:35 pm »
It is possible, but this would either be if Kovu updated the game with that. Another possibility is that you could either make a mesh for it and then fix texture files for the model so that nothing comes out weird or whatever happens.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 12:27:34 pm »
I dont think Kov ever wanted anything more than felines and canines. and when you look at the character creator, it says 'felines' not neciseraly 'lions' it means you can turn it into whatever feline you want, with a bit of editing really. Im fine with just these two models, and I cant see anymore being added unless Kovu does come back, and even if he did, do you really think he will want to add these to the game? he hardly wanted to add wings, yet alone other animal models.

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 12:45:47 pm »
I use the wolf model to make cats.  If you use the cat tail and make the muzzle small and cheeks big you can make a nice looking cat.  However it is hard to get into groups with it.  The lion model does not do a good job with cats I agree.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 04:22:19 pm »
The game already provides the needed meshes to be able to make a proper cat model. Also there are also additions you can get to make a more cat like appearance. There are such things as claw meshes and I've also seen whisker meshes. Ill provide the links so you may download at your liking

Feline AND Canine Claw Meshes:
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=6076.0

Feline Whiskers Meshes:
http://unleashed89.deviantart.com/art/FeralHeart-Feline-Whiskers-mesh-COMPLETE-323009148

Also, changing your roar to a meow is simple as well. All you really need to do to change it is get a mp3 with the meow call you want and replace it with the original roar file, make sure the saved meow file is the same title as the previous one or the coding won't recongnize it.

Again, good idea...but meshes have already made this possible to have a realistic cat.

I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 04:34:42 pm »
Yush,I totally agree with it.If we make cats from lion models,it will still have that lion muzzle,thing that cats doesnt have.

"Derpa-Derp."