Author Topic: Grass Maps?  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Bluminescent

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
  • "It's always about your friends, isn't it?"
    • Bluminescent
    • blumutt
    • View Profile
Grass Maps?
« on: April 23, 2013, 12:38:38 am »
Okay, I have an idea. Instead of having to put a bunch of grass objects in a meadow and plains and such, why don't we do grass maps?

Okay, here is what I think. There should be another terrain map, called he grass map. White for least grass, and black for most grass. So, you edit your terrain map, add another layer to it, and color over it. Then get rid of the terrain map, and save the grass map as ____grassmap.png?  'Cuz seriously, it gets on my nerves to have to take a week, just to add a bunch of grass in realistic maps. (And I know you're gonna say, "That's what grass texture is for", but seriously... it just looks like FLAT grass...)
My Deviantart

" Y'ever wonder what stars are? Where light comes from? "

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Grass Maps?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 12:47:31 am »
Sounds like a good idea, truly. I don't know if it's possible, it would be cool truly, if Kov came back probably. Sounds like a lot of coding, and I'd probably rather see a mesh like that.
A grassy mesh pack like that would be better, really, and more possible.
Though, it's a good idea, really, a mesh would be better, since we can decide better.

BouncyLion101

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 01:42:34 am »
I would love to see this in game.
The whole having to add grass meshes everywhere just irritates me, that's the only thing I really don't like about maps though.

As stated above, it would take a lot of coding probably. And we can't add it to the game because of Kovu's absence. :c
Also, wouldn't grass all over the place create lag? Especially if you're making a highly detailed map and you want lots of grass, that could be a problem.

Offline silver_wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 04:25:12 pm »
I like this idea, however I feel that there the potential that this amount of grass would make the game lag too much for many people, especially those who already have the problem of lag as it is.