Author Topic: "Activity" and "Joined" Records  (Read 2903 times)

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
"Activity" and "Joined" Records
« on: September 05, 2013, 10:58:16 am »
If you've ever been the leader of a mapless, or possibly even a mapped RP, there's a 99% chance you've lost members due to you being "inactive." What these members don't realize is that their leader is probably online more often than they think, just not at the same times.

Don't like inactive members, or just need to clear out? How do you tell the difference between new members and old, inactive ones? Unless the said character has this in their bio, you won't be able to tell very easily.

My idea is a small, simple one, but in my opinion would help RP leaders greatly. The first topic; the "Activity Recorder," would record the last time a certain member of a group was online. The scale would be displayed at the end of a player's name in a group listing. This way, you could tell the last time certain people were online, and you could average the times together and figure out a member's usual time.

The as for the "Joined" record, this would be listed under or beside the Activity Recorder, and would list the date and time of someone whom had joined a group. In this way, group leaders could easily see which of their members were most active, and how long they had been in the group.

So what do you think? Before anyone mentions the fact of Kovu being gone or the source code and all that mess, I know about that problem and have heard about it many times over. So just say your opinion on the features, and let's see what you all think! :D

Offline voice of the water

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Hello there!
    • View Profile
Re: "Activity" and "Joined" Records
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 05:03:48 pm »
I like this idea... what happened to Kovu?
Please spare me if I am ignorant of current events/etiquette/ect., I haven't been active in-game or otherwise in a good two years hahaha

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 05:07:31 pm »
BEST IDEA EVER
seriously I want this
Why did kovu have to go...

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

SoulRevenge

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 11:33:18 am »
this seems like a good idea but honestly idk

it would be relatively difficult t code something like that, I suppose. and while there is and issue of loosing members in roleplay due to you being supposedly inactive it would help rp leaders greatly, but is it really necessary  when if the Rogers stick around till when your on at the same time, you could /possibly/ explain yourself? tho again at the same time timelines are relatively a major issue, and establishing you have what and they have what might be able to help out their situation. some members of rp will lea,ve just because the leader isn't online, unfortunately.  And time zone is entirely out of the equation for the most.

really even with an activity. Ad while it might be able to prevent some users from disappearing from your rod, it won't prevent all. some are, as I've found with my castroval so far, members are  there because th e leader is wOw so COOL ammAzing wow

Offline Nymphadora

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • J?s? s???? - ????'?? ?? ????.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 06:53:00 am »
I've often wondered about this o.o ~ It's hard to tell when users are active and such, but if a leader is on as often as they say they will be, then they'll know exactly who's active, who's not, when people log in and how long for. It's like a daily ritual, if they're dedicated to their roleplay, they will know the ins and outs of it without the need of timers set in the group.

~Nym
W???, I s????s? I ???? ????? ??? ???? ???s, ????? ?s ?x????? ??? I ???? ?????:

Offline TurtlezSoup

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • TurtezSoup. Your everyday dose of Turtlez
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 07:11:26 pm »
I try to be an active leader, when I am ever a leader most of the members I rercruit I never see again, because of time zones and I have no idea who's active and who isn't.

I think this would be really helpful. Especially if it showed how long they were on for and when they were on.

Siggy by Rustys!

Offline Nymphadora

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • J?s? s???? - ????'?? ?? ????.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 08:49:14 pm »
I suppose when it comes to time zones, it would be hard to tell when people have and haven't been online. In cases like these, I think it probably would be best to have something like this on the group members list... If only it were possible...
W???, I s????s? I ???? ????? ??? ???? ???s, ????? ?s ?x????? ??? I ???? ?????:

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 06:58:57 pm »
I am an active leader, but my computer has been wonky so I was not on as much as I had been wanting too be :P i REALLY LIKE TO Rp with you guys! but my computer hates the heck out of me XP

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline impress_me_not

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 09:07:45 am »
If you have your own site, dedicate one part of the site to "Attendance" where members of the group must post their user and chara name on specific threads, stating they were online.