Author Topic: *~*~ Howl and Roar ~*~*  (Read 10889 times)

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
*~*~ Howl and Roar ~*~*
« on: July 16, 2011, 06:58:00 pm »
*~*~ Howl and Roar ~*~*

This is not a complaint thread, but an enhancement thread for the new ability to howl and to roar, hopefully you will agree with these ideas just to make it that little bit better.

*~*~ Howl ~*~*

# Pitches; All howls sound the same currently, which is wierd when you hear your huge muscular canine cry out with a rather feminine howl. With the pitches idea, you'll be able to change how low or high you want your canine's howl to be. To do this, when you are making/editing a character, there will be a bar which you can scroll up and down (the higher the bar the higher the pitch, the lower the bar the lower the pitch), there will also be an option to test your howl to make sure that it is right for your character.

# Volume; You will be able to change how loud or quiet your canine's howl is by using a bar next to the pitch bar, the higher the bar the louder the volume, and the lower the bar the lower the volume. People will approve of being able to have their large canine have a loud and amazing howl that will travel farther distances than a quiet one. Like for the pitches, you'll be able to test the sound.

# Length; You will have the option to change the length of your howl in seconds, and then test it on your canine to see if it is to your liking. People will approve of this idea, since they may have a species that is known for it's long howls.

# Position; I have heard complaints about people wanting their howl to be more unique in the way they do it, so I think being able to change how high the head raises when the canine howls would be a good idea, along with how low the head falls when the howl begins. To do this, when you are in-game, without the head raising and lowering being automatic, you will have to put your head in the position you want to start the howl by having "howl options", which would be middle (facing forward), fairly low (slightly slanted down), low (almost pointing to the ground), really low (strait down to the ground) and under (head starting to point towards the stomach) and then set what you want the head to do when it has reached full howl, which would be middle (facing forward), fairly high (slightly slanted up), high (almost pointing to the sky), really high (strait up to the sky) and over (head starting to point towards the back). This would be an option when creating the character, but you can also change it in-game if you only want a little howl.

*~*~ Roar ~*~*

# Pitches; All roars sound the same currently, which is wierd when you hear your huge muscular feline cry out with a rather feminine roar. With the pitches idea, you'll be able to change how low or high you want your feline's roar to be. To do this, when you are making/editing a character, there will be a bar which you can scroll up and down (the higher the bar the higher the pitch, the lower the bar the lower the pitch), there will also be an option to test your roar to make sure that it is right for your character.

# Volume; You will be able to change how loud or quiet your feline's roar is by using a bar next to the pitch bar, the higher the bar the louder the volume, and the lower the bar the lower the volume. People will approve of being able to have their large feline have a loud and amazing roar that will travel farther distances than a quiet one. Like for the pitches, you'll be able to test the sound.

# Length; You will have the option to change the length of your roar in seconds, and then test it on your feline to see if it is to your liking. People will approve of this idea, since they may have a species that is known for it's long roars.

# Position; I have heard complaints about people wanting their howl to be more unique in the way they do it, so I think being able to change how high the head raises when the feline roars would be a good idea, along with how low the head falls when the roar begins. To do this, when you are in-game, without the head raising and lowering being automatic, you will have to put your head in the position you want to start the roar by having "roar options", which would be middle (facing forward), fairly low (slightly slanted down), low (almost pointing to the ground), really low (strait down to the ground) and under (head starting to point towards the stomach) and then set what you want the head to do when it has reached full roar, which would be middle (facing forward), fairly high (slightly slanted up), high (almost pointing to the sky), really high (strait up to the sky) and over (head starting to point towards the back). This would be an option when creating the character, but you can also change it in-game if you only want a little roar.

*~*~ Support ~*~*

# Aisu Ookami Shikon
# Anne
# GaaraRocks!
# Opaldragon
# Sukira
# Swifty
# Thunderlion123
# Zarago
# Zaroque
# casey
# Frankie
# Casey
# Silverwind
# Ericka
# Seth
# ~ShadowFang~
# Halo

I hope you approve of these ideas, and maybe they will be added someday!

*~*~ Zarago ~*~*
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:32:15 pm by Zarago »

Thunderlion123

Re: *~*~ Howl and Roar ~*~*
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 07:59:36 pm »
I approve of this idea. I'm pretty irritated with how exactly the same they all sound.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 08:06:29 pm »
I do to, I remember thinking this when I first saw the Roar in action. My face was like: ^.-
I think the head moving for the roar is rather 'naff' in a sense and actually very original, I think the roar should have more posture and emphasize it more. I like these ideas, great job Zar! <3
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 08:11:26 pm »
Thank you both for the positive comments, I think I'll make a supporters list, I'll add you both.

Opaldragon

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 01:24:18 am »
I think that I will support this idea as well.  It would be cool if everyone had their own howl or roar instead of everyone sounding the same.

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 01:39:49 am »
i removed FH from my computer two days ago and the new patch comes out with what i wanted >.> and i like those ideas btw
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 06:16:14 pm »
That's great that you both like the ideas, I'll put you both on the support list.

Thunderlion123

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 06:21:05 pm »
Thanks, and you're welcome. x3

Free Bump too. xD

Offline Leo Pardus

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Kudos to KovuLKD and all who helped work on FH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 05:37:35 pm »
I think the roar and howl sound fine as is and I am happy with them. People wanted them, and now they've been put in, people are complaining they're not good enough. To me that sounds kind of ungrateful. Kovu took the time to listen to your requests and implement them, but instead of "yay! Thanks Kov!" we've got "meh, too samey" and "too naff".

Don't get me wrong, I like Zarago's ideas but it will mean yet more tweaking and yet more alterations when other things like fighting actions, prey and other things people are wanting ought to take top priority in regards to the game. Maybe we should appreciate what we have.
I'm not a n00b so don't talk to me like one kthxbai.
My character creations: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=1079.msg12274#msg12274

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 07:24:41 pm »
I think the roar and howl sound fine as is and I am happy with them. People wanted them, and now they've been put in, people are complaining they're not good enough. To me that sounds kind of ungrateful. Kovu took the time to listen to your requests and implement them, but instead of "yay! Thanks Kov!" we've got "meh, too samey" and "too naff".

Don't get me wrong, I like Zarago's ideas but it will mean yet more tweaking and yet more alterations when other things like fighting actions, prey and other things people are wanting ought to take top priority in regards to the game. Maybe we should appreciate what we have.

I'm not saying I dislike the howling or roaring, I think it's a great enhancement to the game, it was one of those things I said to myself when I first played it, I said "Wait a minute, why can't we howl and roar?". These ideas are just to make the new addition better, with all this, I doubt there would be any complaining.

I don't expect this to happen soon, but it would be great if it did.