Author Topic: *~*~ Howl and Roar ~*~*  (Read 10888 times)

Offline TheWolfAddict

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Okami Amaterasu?
    • View Profile
Re: *~*~ Howl and Roar ~*~*
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 07:33:32 pm »
About the volume, Tigg or Red said something about being able to turn off only howl/roar.... I forgot what was said.

Edit: 100th post! Yay! :D
You are too beautiful.<3

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 08:17:05 pm »
me and my sister zuko actually agree to this, we were talking about this ingame. I howled as my male werewolf Sai. His personality is evil and cruel, killing family members offspring. And sometimes even his own. He's not settling down and enjoys his freedom. However when i howled i was like -_- it doesnt suit his character, its actually more of the feminine side. I imagined Sai's howl and this isnt it.

However im not sure how this will be implemented into the game. Maybe if he uses Audicity then that might actually work with the whole slider thing. As it will change the tone of the sounds. But i totally agree with you guys i would love this idea in. However i prefer the pitches and volume better then the other too because these would be easier to add in compared to the other too.

for the position for the heads you can kind of already do that. If you have you head facing the ground and hit Howl (only tested with wolf) your head goes towards the middle and thats it. However if you look to the sky your head goes towards your back. So for the head position its kindof still in your control. Dont forget these are easier said then done. It could take kov ages to figure out how to implement these if he did want this added in. Not only that but the character creation screen would have to be edited and recoded to add more bars in. It would be alot of work.

To be honest it would have been better to give people 3 types of howls and 3 types of roars. 1 for different genders Male (Rough heavy howl) Female (Feminine Howl) and then offspring.
He can use the same animations that he already has but use the audicity to change the pitch of the sounds. And instead of changing the bars in the character creation screen to save him from doing too much coding. He could simply add them in the actions box. FHowl,MHowl,PupHowl. Same for the felines.
FRoar,MRoar,CubRoar. This is just my oppinion.  

Offline Aragami

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Aragami - God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 08:58:08 pm »
Nya~ I made a thread about the howling xD but yea, the howling gets WAY too high and it can hurt people's ears. And it sounds like they are kind of dieing or something. ^^' Not trying to be mean/rude.
New name from Deathscar23 to Aragami!

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 05:01:50 pm »
me and my sister zuko actually agree to this, we were talking about this ingame. I howled as my male werewolf Sai. His personality is evil and cruel, killing family members offspring. And sometimes even his own. He's not settling down and enjoys his freedom. However when i howled i was like -_- it doesnt suit his character, its actually more of the feminine side. I imagined Sai's howl and this isnt it.

However im not sure how this will be implemented into the game. Maybe if he uses Audicity then that might actually work with the whole slider thing. As it will change the tone of the sounds. But i totally agree with you guys i would love this idea in. However i prefer the pitches and volume better then the other too because these would be easier to add in compared to the other too.

for the position for the heads you can kind of already do that. If you have you head facing the ground and hit Howl (only tested with wolf) your head goes towards the middle and thats it. However if you look to the sky your head goes towards your back. So for the head position its kindof still in your control. Dont forget these are easier said then done. It could take kov ages to figure out how to implement these if he did want this added in. Not only that but the character creation screen would have to be edited and recoded to add more bars in. It would be alot of work.

To be honest it would have been better to give people 3 types of howls and 3 types of roars. 1 for different genders Male (Rough heavy howl) Female (Feminine Howl) and then offspring.
He can use the same animations that he already has but use the audicity to change the pitch of the sounds. And instead of changing the bars in the character creation screen to save him from doing too much coding. He could simply add them in the actions box. FHowl,MHowl,PupHowl. Same for the felines.

I suppose the head movements are a bit too ambitious. Anyway, I'm glad you and your sister like my idea, but I don't agree with just versions of the sounds, I think you should be able to make the pitch and volume exactly the way you want it with the sliders.

Offline Aragami

• Experienced Traveler
  • Aragami - God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 04:15:27 am »

I suppose the head movements are a bit too ambitious. Anyway, I'm glad you and your sister like my idea, but I don't agree with just versions of the sounds, I think you should be able to make the pitch and volume exactly the way you want it with the sliders.

Have it where you can TEST the howl/roar as well? :3 Like you can have 'Test Howl' for canine and 'Test Roar' for felines

You can also be able to change the roar/howl by let's say you make a cat, you can choose cat or big cat meow/roar, the canines idk..

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 04:26:32 am »
GAH my mom needs to reactivate her WoW account XD i know off topic

ontopic: ive played a game that had it to where you could adjust the howl or roar, forgot the name of it though >.>
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline ashes13

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • The War Bloods
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 05:31:13 am »
I support this idea completely!!! I love the howl and roar option and these ideas would make it even better!

Offline Aragami

• Experienced Traveler
  • Aragami - God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 05:32:53 am »
GAH my mom needs to reactivate her WoW account XD i know off topic

ontopic: ive played a game that had it to where you could adjust the howl or roar, forgot the name of it though >.>

:o Cool! I might have to try and find it sometime XD

Anyways, we really need a new howl anyway, this one is WAY too static and high, it actually made my friend jump I bet when she had her speakers up xD

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 06:31:42 am »
XD
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 05:59:12 pm »
I'm very pleased to hear how many people agree with my idea.