Author Topic: Front page error  (Read 2197 times)

Offline DemonousNight

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Sup
    • View Profile
Re: Front page error
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 12:26:26 am »
Well as I said in the post before yours, I realize that we need the log in. But. The log in needs to be fixed so people don't go on a rage about it. Because people are legitimately worried about getting banned from the game if they confront staff on it. I'm talking to people right now over skype about it. But one day people will get over it and begin raging at the staff on it if it is not addressed. And once again, my point still stands with no one else addressing it: The log-in has issues and needs to be fixed. I never once said it should be removed.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 12:32:16 am »
It's not that we're not trying to address your problem there, fluff, it's simply that we can't make everything perfectly for everyone. We're doing the best we can with the materials that we have, and we are always looking to make it as efficient as possible for you all to be able to enjoy the game. Sometimes the issues can't be controlled by us directly- sometimes it may be a user's internet, browser, or simply something (such as Cloudfare's issues) that we can't exactly make fool-proof. It's normal for a website or something related to the website, like Cloudfare, to have its issues, but we are indeed doing what we can. Have patience with us.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 12:33:13 am »
It's not directly linked to our login page as far as I know right now, some have issues, but there's also those who it works for.

If we knew exactly how to work it out and it was all clear to us we'd already fixed it. Some people have this issue more than others as well, I have gotten it a few times but for most part it works. We may have put the login page there intentionally to prevent abuse of the game, but please consider that whatever little issue that might come is not always planned, neither is it something we know how to exactly fix.

As mentioned, this system works better than for others, and there's probably quite a few steps on the way that could cause some to have this problem and others not so much.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 12:38:56 am »
Well as I said in the post before yours, I realize that we need the log in. But. The log in needs to be fixed so people don't go on a rage about it. Because people are legitimately worried about getting banned from the game if they confront staff on it. I'm talking to people right now over skype about it. But one day people will get over it and begin raging at the staff on it if it is not addressed. And once again, my point still stands with no one else addressing it: The log-in has issues and needs to be fixed. I never once said it should be removed.
People have no reason to be worried about getting banned for bringing up issues. Nobody is going to attack them for making a point, and certainly not volunteer staff who've dedicated a lot of time out of their lives to see this game succeed thus far.
Fear of the "scary staff" is an illusion. It's the same for anyone who looks up to someone else. The possibility of meeting them and getting off on the wrong foot is daunting, especially to a community that's rather young, on average.
But this is a small 3D wolf and lion game on the internet. They aren't about to meet the president. They need to get over it themselves, and present issues (and maybe possible solutions) as they see fit.

As for the staff, I'm sure they're going to iron out the issues, or at least attempt to. It's what they've done for years now.

But it would do everyone well to remember this game is 100% free to play. It requires nothing more from you than an email. I'm sure some wiggle room to iron out the kinks of trying to keep a game free to a moderately sized community would be appreciated.
I cannot stress enough how... unfair it seems to get mad at people who volunteer time out of their personal lives, to go out of their way to maintain a safe community for others to enjoy, free of any charges.

This is not directed at you personally, I know you mean well. I just wanted to remind anyone who may be reading.
-
Edit: Appreciate the understanding. +Floof
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:03:48 am by Phloxenfree »

Offline DemonousNight

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 01:00:20 am »
See there we go, my problem was poked at. Thank you guys lmao that is all I wanted.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 01:05:04 am »
Alright, thanks for reading, locking this as solved.
Former community manager of FeralHeart