Author Topic: Portal to installed Maps won't show  (Read 1860 times)

Offline XxRexyQueenxX

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Portal to installed Maps won't show
« on: December 14, 2016, 10:12:13 pm »
Hi, a problem has occurred that a couple of my group members are having, where they have installed a map but whenever they get back on the game again to go into the map the portal will not show. They have tried everything reinstalling the maps and the game and the same problem keeps occurring.  Has anyone else have this problem and if so how do we solve it?

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Portal to installed Maps won't show
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 10:16:08 pm »
So they can't see the portal in Cape of Distant Worlds? The update made the portal textures quite difficult to see, have they made sure they've checked every single one?

Also, make sure in your download, you included the .fhm file and they put it in exports, otherwise there will be no portal for them.

You are amazing <3

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 11:50:21 pm »
As Bloo mentioned, the portals are very hard to see, and they're not in the same location you may imagine them to be, as a few things in Cape were switched around from the old map version. The portals should be somewhere along here (you may need to check the other side, if the portal doesn't show up on this side.)

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline XxRexyQueenxX

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 02:03:35 am »
They did and reinstalled the game twice but whenever they put the map in the exports and the sound files in sound and reenter the game the portal doesn't show up it just isn't there. we've  tried everything deleting all the files in exports then putting the back in but the same thing happens they can't see or enter the map and it not just one all of the maps they install they can't see or enter

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 02:21:51 am »
That's weird that it's not working for any maps for any of your friends.

First of all, make sure they're opening the zip folder and placing the contents in exports, not just putting the whole folder in there.
Secondly, make sure you're placing them in your LocalDisk>FeralHeart>Exports folder. Sometimes people make copies of the FH files or have copies of the game itself and misplace the files into the wrong version.

Also, an old issue that seemed to happen sometimes, is if you made a copy of your FH.exe file and pasted it onto your desktop to use as a shortcut, the portals won't show up. I didn't see this happen often, but if that's the case, try opening the FH game from within it's directory (AKA double click the .exe in your FH folder).

Have you tried changing your rendering subsystem? It's not usually the culprit of missing map portals, but it's worth a try.

Keep Warriorstrike's post in mind, the portals are veeery hard to see and can easily be passed entirely. Try downloading this texture mod that turns them more visible to the eye: http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=55326.10

You are amazing <3

Offline hopeful12314

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • http://sweet-marine.deviantart.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 04:26:50 am »
Thank you so much! This helped me allot (I was one of the members who had issues) now I know what I did wrong (copied file) and now I can download and it will appear (I've tested it) thanks so much!!!
Reckless and Brave, But i Refuse to sink!