Author Topic: Weird thing with the log in page  (Read 4852 times)

Offline Kouvinxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • TKC for life!
    • http://kouvinxx.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Weird thing with the log in page
« on: February 03, 2017, 05:55:33 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place but whenever I click on the login page it takes me to another page that tries to download stuff onto my computer..? It's really worrying because I REALLY don't need a virus- I can't afford to have my laptop destroyed by one. I'm able to click back and login because my virus protection thingy :u prevents it from downloading stuff but this happens every time I load the page up and I'm really scared it's going to get past my virus protection.
I'm not sure if there's a problem with the site? I don't get anything like this on any other site/page.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: Weird thing with the log in page
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 06:14:32 pm »
For me it is a window that pops up telling me i have a one in 10 million chance of winning something if i enter a thing.  i can close the window.
Reputedly these pop up ads help fund the FH servers without having eye watering banner ads.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Afrus

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Bean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 07:06:26 pm »
Same problem here. Seems like the site's infected somehow because even with adblock on these pop-ups are still getting through. I've done two scans on my computer and deleted stuff but the problem persists. What's going on with the site?

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 07:11:11 pm »
Mine seems to be fine, and I have Ad-block.
Not sure what the problem is. Might only be on certain computers.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Kouvinxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • TKC for life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 07:17:32 pm »
For me it is a window that pops up telling me i have a one in 10 million chance of winning something if i enter a thing.  i can close the window.
Reputedly these pop up ads help fund the FH servers without having eye watering banner ads.

Fund the server..? I've rather have banner ads than something trying to download itself onto my laptop.

Same problem here. Seems like the site's infected somehow because even with adblock on these pop-ups are still getting through. I've done two scans on my computer and deleted stuff but the problem persists. What's going on with the site?

I have adblock too and I've scanned my laptop as well since it's making me paranoid... I really hope they can stop this otherwise I'm gonna have to leave FH.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 09:35:55 pm »
What browser and what adblock are you using? I've heard of people running into these problems but I don't seem to have it happen to me. I'm running Chrome with the extension "Adblock Plus"

Edit: For reasons stated below by Nynx, I've chosen to whitelist the feral-heart domain on my adblock. I don't know how to solve the issue of the ads being inappropriate but I will definitely look into it. And from what people have told me there shouldn't be a whole bunch of popups, only 1 or 2 occasionally.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:55:15 am by MorgraWolf »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Kouvinxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • TKC for life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 09:58:22 pm »
What browser and what adblock are you using? I've heard of people running into these problems but I don't seem to have it happen to me. I'm running Chrome with the extension "Adblock Plus"

I am also running chrome with the extension adblock plus. And I also have another extension that prevents malicious uh, software and stuff from harming my computer.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 12:38:40 am »
As long as you don't click any pop-up messages the ads send or anything on the page you should be fine. I don't believe I've come across a page the immediately begins to download anything before, but as long as you close the tab it shouldn't be able to put anything on your computer. The ads are set to only pop-up within certain time intervals, so even if you have to close the feralheart page while the pop-up is still loading you can go back on the page without another ad bothering you for at least a couple hours.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 12:39:31 am »

I am also running chrome with the extension adblock plus. And I also have another extension that prevents malicious uh, software and stuff from harming my computer.

Odd that you're still experiencing it then. You might also want to check out https://www.malwarebytes.com/. It's free. I would use it just to scan your system just in case there's something already in it. I think it's just the site but like I said it's odd that with the adblock you're still experiencing this.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:55:51 am by MorgraWolf »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 12:43:20 am »
My web browser does this, as well; No matter which one I use, I always get a little pop-up before signing in. Once I click out, though, and exit the window, everything is fine. I can safely say that I haven't gotten a virus from it yet. c:

I wouldn't try to get adblock to remove the ads, because those are what keeps FH running by paying for the server. We have to have ads, or else the game wouldn't exist. As long as you close out, it should be fine. I would make sure you have a generally strong malware system set up, either way, but the pop-up, as long as it's not clicked, shouldn't affect your computer or gameplay.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.