Author Topic: I just need a minute.  (Read 918 times)

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
I just need a minute.
« on: February 24, 2014, 02:13:11 am »
For those who haven't heard, Friday morning there was a horrible car accident on my youth group's trip to our annual Winter Camp. The van carrying 7 young students and 3 leaders, all of which I am very close to, blew a tire and flipped. Two of the adults were killed, one student is in critical condition still and everyone else was hospitalized with minor injuries.

The deaths and accident in itself has taken us all by shock, and the two adults who were lost happen to be parents to some of my closet friends. My whole church and community is shaken by it, and after the church service today, I think I just need to take a break from things right now.

I just need a minute to regather myself and be there for my hurting friends and church family. I honestly don't think I've cried so much in like.. ever. It's just hard to see the people that are SO close to you hurting so bad, or with huge scratches and stitches all over them. I need to focus myself on God and them right now, so I'll be inactive for I don't know how long. Just a hard time for all of us. So sudden and strange still.

For more details on what happened you can see my journal thread: Here
And to know how to specifically pray for us (we need all the prayer we can get, I don't even care about sharing this link at this point) here is a link to a short news report. Since it's already out there all over the place anyway. Whatever. : Link.
So please pray specifically for the families of the two who were killed, and for the student still in critical condition.

Thank you.
See you soon.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: I just need a minute.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 02:24:17 am »
How unfortunate for ye' and yer community. I'll be sure to keep said individuals in my thoughts durin' such a bleak time. T'is a shame that such an event happened and t'is understandable as to why ye' will need to take a few days of absence.
Until next time, I bid ye' and the other students/leaders the best of luck with their recovery.
gone

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: I just need a minute.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 02:25:41 am »
I know there aren't many words that can comfort in a time like this but well just know we're here for you. You are a very loved and valued member of this community and though we will miss you in your absence we understand your need for space. Do not isolate yourself though be sure to find comfort with those you love during this hard time. You'll all get through this together step by step. Stay strong but don't be afraid to cry and share your heart. You all need each other to heal from this. I send my prayers and condolences. God bless you all. We love you Jim. Don't feel alone. We'll be here if you need arms to hold you and ears to listen. My heart goes out to all of you.