Author Topic: Buffy's Preset Thread of knowledge~  (Read 9258 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 03:30:10 pm by BigBangTheory »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Buffy's Preset Thread of knowledge~
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 03:28:26 pm »
How to download Ready-made presets

If you want to find out how to download a Ready-made preset or a preset commissioned for you, then you've come to the right place! Well, for starters you need to get the link URL to the preset, Secondly you need to paste it into your browser (the place where you put www. etc..). Come back when you're done!

Oh you're back? I missed you! Well good! Okay. Now you should have been taken to a download page, example; Mediafire or Sendspace. If you're not on a download page, then ask the owner for the correct URL, if you are on a download page, then keep reading! All you need to do is click the download button, select "save as" then save it to your Desktop so you remember where it is. Come back when you're done!

Back? Yay, I got so lonely~ Okay, now. If you are a winzip/7zip or J-zip user, then you need to open the zipped preset folder with that. Now you should have the folder opened, you should see a folder named "preset_(preset number)". Click and drag that folder into Local Disk(C:)\FeralHeart\My_Presets then click replace if asked.

Then finally, launch the game, go to Preset Maker and open up the preset to make sure it works! ^^
Got any questions? see this link. (Link coming soon)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:30:11 pm by BigBangTheory »

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 03:28:33 pm »
How so see other people's presets
(For none preset sync users.)

So, you want to see someone else's preset do you? Well, first of all you need to ask their permission to whether or not you may see their preset. You never know, it could be a private preset only. However, if you already have permission for this, then carry on reading! Okay, well firstly you need to copy the URL they have provided you with into the browser box, as said in the previous tutorial, then you should arrive onto a download page so you may download the preset. After that, you need to Click the download button and once it tells you to "save" or "save as", click "save as" then place the file into LocalDisk(C:)\FeralHeart\Presets, then relaunch FeralHeart for it to kick in and work~
See, wasn't that hard!

Having problems with this? Then click this link for the answer! (Link available soon)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:33:24 pm by BigBangTheory »

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 03:28:39 pm »
How to use the new FeralHeart preset Sync

If you havn't already got the preset sync, then download it here it is very important you have the preset sync before doing this tutorial. If you already have the preset sync, then keep reading! or looking, since we're going to be exciting this time and use images!

Step One.
Login to the FeralHeart website from the
yellow box then go to "User Panel"

Step Two.
are you!

Step Three.
When using the preset uploader, all you need to do is click the "Browse" button so you can access your computer. Once you've selected Browse, go into Local Disk(C:)\FeralHeart\PrivatePresets and select your preset file (Example; Username_8.cfg). Finally, click "Upload preset and it will tell you under the box that your preset has successfully been uploaded!

Hope this helps! If you're having trouble, click this link!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 03:30:41 pm by BigBangTheory »

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 03:28:47 pm »
How to make a preset.

Making presets are pretty simple, but I will not waste my time explaining
how to make a preset since there are many already made, so I shall link them below.
If you're a beginner then you should also take a look at the tutorials below.

Rimfrost's Preset tutorial.
FeralHeart Preset Tutorial from the Manual.

(My "How to make a preset" tutorial is currently 40% complete
and on in there guys!)

Need help? Then Click me!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:38:12 pm by BigBangTheory »

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 03:28:54 pm »
Scripts, Codes & Preset Animation.

These tutorials do not belong to me, I don't wish to created my own since it is a complete waste of time.
Please feel free to look at the tutorials made by these wonderful floofs of the community~

Tigg's Codes, Scripts & Animates.
Ruby1234/xRubyx's Beginner's tutorial.
Nala_91's How to make markings.
Feareh's Transparent Tutorial
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 06:57:44 pm by BigBangTheory »

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 03:29:03 pm »
Having trouble? Here are some solutions! (& F.A.Q's)

Solutions regarding:
"How so see other people's presets (For none preset sync users.)"

I have done everything in the tutorials, but I cannot see my friends preset. How do I fix this?
Well, if you cannot see their preset you obviously have done something wrong, so I suggest going back ad re tracing your steps. If you already have, then keep reading please. My first solution is to go to Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Presets and search for the preset file you downloaded. If you see something like 'Username_#(1)' [Or 2, 3, 4..etc..] then just Right click the file, select 'Rename' and delete of the (1) [Or 2, 3, 4... you get the idea]. Then restart FH again!

If that did not work for you or everything is correct, then read on. Try going to Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Presets and search for the preset file you downloaded. Ask your friend if they have any capitals in their name if you don't see any. Example: You see bigbangtheory but it's actually BigBangTheory. If that is the case then Rename the file to the correct user name and restart FH. If that still doesn't work and if you're seeing your friend's old preset instead of the new one, all you need to do is Replace the old one with the new one instead of having a duplicate.

Solution: Go to Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Presets and search for the preset file you downloaded. If you see something like 'Username_#(1)' [Or 2, 3, 4..etc..] then just Right click the file, select 'Rename' and delete of the (1) [Or 2, 3, 4... you get the idea]. Then restart FH again!

Solution: Go to Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Presets and search for the preset file you downloaded. Ask your friend if they have any capitals in their name if you don't see any. Example: You see bigbangtheory but it's actually BigBangTheory. If that is the case then Rename the file to the correct user name and restart FH.

Solution: If you're seeing your friend's old preset instead of the new one, all you need to do is Replace the old one with the new one instead of having a duplicate.

Hope this helped a little.

(The rest is still W.I.P.)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:26:27 pm by Bawfle »

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 03:29:10 pm »
Reserved

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 06:45:48 pm »
Lovely thread Buffy :3 This will defiantly help a lot of floofs

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 09:38:58 pm »
Why thank you~ c;