Author Topic: Truth of the Matter: Why Research May Come in Handy 4 an RP!  (Read 4686 times)

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Truth of the Matter: Why Research May Come in Handy 4 an RP!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 07:48:33 am »
I'm really liking this thread, thank you for creating it c:

Yes, roleplayers these days need to actually understand the creature they're roleplaying as -.- Or better yet, understand the creature they have chosen to roleplay with as well! I remember when I (adult male wolf) had a fight with a, well, a pup! This really amazed me, how this person actually thought a pup could take down an adult wolf. This pup could throw me 10 feet away and into a tree, break my bones, withstand my attacks which in real life would kill a pup. I guess that's more like powerplaying/godmodding though cx Still, it's just ridiculous!

I try to rp as realistic as possible and not interrupt the roleplay to tell them that their character can't do that. Sometimes if I become so annoyed with a roleplayer, example "a horse that can't be defeated" then I will try make a point. They think a horse can't die from a few wolves attacking it from different sides, tell them it is possible yet they won't listen and some debate starts. Of course I just want to rp so I'll "change" into a new, more powerful creature that can kill a horse. Lol, I don't often do that these days but if I have the chance then I will xD

A few seconds later he comes back saying, (-He walked up the hill and drug a big elk behind him- "Look what I caught?")  

Haha, I read that as "He walked up the hill and drugged a big elk behind him" xD
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Miles101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Praise Helix
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 04:31:37 pm »
What I don't understand is why people don't do research more often...I mean, I love animals and take enjoyment from learning more about them. I understand if that's not your thing, but please, people! Take some time to learn!

Offline KibaWolf73

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 04:33:10 pm »

O_O Seriously. That... is... a total... FAIL! Foxes don't just come in red. There are more species of foxes than just the common red fox alone; grey foxes, cape foxes, fennec foxes, arctic foxes, etc... and they come in all kinds of colors. They don't all come in RED!  >:(  But hey, whoever said that probably didn't think about that... or they just didn't know. Nevertheless -facepalm-
As for the silver fox, I know for sure that that's a red fox with a genetic fur mutation. There are plenty more genetic fur mutations where that came from.
I think I may have run into your silver fox once... I don't know if it was you or not that I met in the plains one time.

That's more of a Jesus facepalm.

The users were probably young kids or something. Though, you may never know. Nowadays, everything is possible.

What I enjoy the most in creating a character is probably learning about its species. That might be just me, but I find it very enjoyable.
Regarding my silver fox, her name is Sijaa. You might have seen her by the Fluorite Bridge. That's where I mostly hang out, unless I'm RolePlaying.