Author Topic: Does an RP having a site make you more or less inclined to join?  (Read 4091 times)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Does an RP having a site make you more or less inclined to join?
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 08:04:09 am »
I never roleplay anymore, but I do like seeing websites as long as it isn't a requirement to join the website and make an account. I cannot tell you how many random proboards usernames I had all over the place to roleplays that didn't last very long. However, having a website wouldn't be a requirement for me in joining a roleplay, no. It may be nice to have your information all in one place but, to me, and what Azura pointed out, it would be much easier to utilize the forums.

And Lady_Alizarin: Haha, my feelings exactly
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 10:46:40 am »
Considering the limits that the group/character biographies offer, I prefer roleplays to have a site that lets you see the requirements in joining the group or providing intrigued users with more detailed information. Especially with species. Those who run groups of their own self-made species definitely need to provide everyone with as much information as possible, and it's not very tidy to have characters in the groups labelled 'RANKS', 'RULES' and etcetera, especially when members start joining and those characters become separated and just an absolute cluster.
With an aesthetically pleasing website and organised details provided that allure the members further, it's a successful and efficient way to recruit.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline lol_lions

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • why
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 01:18:56 pm »
Oh, wow. Didn't expect so many points to be brought up here.
I agree that a simple wolf pack lasting only 2 days shouldn't need a site.. but something much more elaborate with lore and maybe even it's own species is deserving of one! Problem is, I haven't seen a scrap of creativity in my ingame time lately, it seems to be all plotless wolf RPs trying to be the next big pack.

Psst, if someone could direct me to a really good plotted RP in my PM's that'd be great, PMs cause I don't wanna stray too far off topic here.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 03:51:00 pm »
I could only hinder a guess at whether or not it keeps group members sane. Personally, I know that handling an entire forum for a roleplay can drive one mad. Though, being a member of a roleplaying site makes me as a member more active. It gives me a sense of purpose to stick around and make friends.

For me, I like a site that looks like it was taken care of when it was being made and developed. Not some random, pre-made, stuff slapped together with clipart everywhere, I want a site to look as if it was an A+ student's research project. When it all comes down to it, one must ask questions to determine whether or not the site reflects the roleplay. For example, is the roleplay an apocalyptic hierarchy? If so, is the website rugged looking, like a journal that is being continuously written in everyday; recording the sanity of its members. Not sure if this is coming from the imaginative and perfectionist side, but I hope you get the jist of what I am trying to conclude.

Laymen terms: yes, I think it is important and I will 5/10 want to join a roleplay if it includes a DETAILED and INTELLIGENT-ORIENTED site.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 06:12:49 pm »
Problem is, I haven't seen a scrap of creativity in my ingame time lately, it seems to be all plotless wolf RPs trying to be the next big pack.
You hit the nail on the head right there!
Most of the RPs I see these days are like this and due to past experiences, it really turns me away from roleplaying altogether.

Back on topic, I generally would be attracted to a RP with a site because it provides a sense of community, but not so much if it's a requirement to sign up on a forum. Pretty much like what other people are saying. Forcing people to be active anywhere that's not in-game can kill interest in people.

Offline Carriwitchet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Somewhere, somehow <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 10:49:03 pm »
*Shrugs* I'm pretty neutral on the subject. I don't really have a preference. If there's a site, I'll check it out. The reason being that if I join a roleplay, it means you have my interest. Registering is no trouble. If it's siteless, then so be it. With that being said, I'm usually pretty picky with roleplays. I'm usually after creative plots and developed lore. Things that spice up the experience.

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 04:46:28 am »
I don't really roleplay that much anymore. But having a site i'm fine with it.

Offline Silvestria

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • HiddenDeception
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 01:55:41 pm »
Going along with what some other people have said, I do usually prefer to see a site when I'm looking for a roleplay to join, especially when they are well-made and contain lots of interesting things about the roleplay that you wouldn't be able to fit in a group bio alone. Additionally, having a website allows for a wealth of things to be done such as sharing your written or creative works with your group and them alone and it just allows people to get to know each other better when not in-game.

As for roleplays that require registration, I don't really care. Almost all the roleplays I join require that you join their site wether you can view it or not although I do find websites that force you to join just to see it to be quite annoying.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 12:08:25 am »
I like to look at sites to learn about the pack, but I don't like registering for sites for that's just adding to the amount of passwords I have to remember.
It's a hassle for me to keep track of two forums at once, so I just stick to these forums.

But, I've tried creating my own site before, which I now realise is silly because I wasn't so active in my own pack. Every pack I've made remains empty with the exception of one, the Sentient Nightmares pack, which got one member.
As for the site I tried making, it remained unfinished forever, the only thing that had been worked on being the section containing info about a lab and its procedures, as I was in the process of creating a group of scientists that serve the public by 'upgrading' them.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:10:06 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline xClandestinex

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 12:47:26 am »
As long as the rp is active, I don't care if it's sited or not.