Author Topic: Making a Map?  (Read 2471 times)

Offline Ducky

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Ebonystar calls forth SinClan!
    • View Profile
Making a Map?
« on: November 10, 2011, 06:51:05 pm »
I'm utterly lost in the world of map making. T_T"  I can't get terrain maps to work or mask maps. I don't know how to put music in. It's ridiculous! D; The map help in the other part of the site isn't helping me very well.. I'm trying to make a map where players can go to listen to music and sing along and dance, BUT.. It needs to have multiple songs in the backround. D; One music would be fine if I could figure out how to put it there. I need major help! I can't find any tutorials that would suggest any answer to this so that's why I'm starting a new question. Frantically messing with map maker, Ducky.
Wonderful advice: BUT U R A GREAT PERSON. Not lazy, not selfish, not a jerk. Ignore them, is my advice. Thanks Twizzler!

-Angel-

Re: Making a Map?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 07:36:15 pm »
i can probably help you with the music situation. If you have a mac, that is D8. I use garageband to make music then export it to itunes so its a .mp3 file, then put it in the fh music file

Offline Ducky

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 07:56:44 pm »
I don't have a mac D: I have a windows PC. :C And I don't have any programs that work with music besides downloading it and moving it to certain files. *I have WinRaR* o3o
Wonderful advice: BUT U R A GREAT PERSON. Not lazy, not selfish, not a jerk. Ignore them, is my advice. Thanks Twizzler!

Offline Jadeviran

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 09:22:00 pm »
I can help you a bit with the terrain maps and the masks. c: Also, I'll tell you how to put music in.
In the map maker (tools, map maker) in the second tab there should be a form that says music. Put the music file you want to use in C:FeralHeart(or FHPLUS)/Media/Music and then put in the file.(Ambient.mp3, etc.) It should work. :D Be sure to save it. You do the same thing with the terrain and masks once you have them made. Save them as PNG's and put them in your Media/terrain files and make sure they're named like mapnameTerrain.png and mapnameMask.png or else there's a chance it won't work. If you're having trouble /making/ the terrains and masks, I have a secret that'll help you. :3 If you have a msn, tell me, because it'll help me with explaining to you how to make them.

Offline Ducky

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 09:32:00 pm »
Oh okay, Thanks! Kinda confusing but I'll read it slowly when I get to it XD Thanks SO much! *Nuzzle* ;3

Offline Ducky

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 09:37:46 pm »
Okay when I put the music in my Feralheart/media/music and I use it in the map when I go to test it I hear NOTHING.. Not even the original music D:

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 09:47:23 pm »
Nonono it doesnt go in music. It goes in sounds.

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline Ducky

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 09:50:41 pm »
Okay.. do I still type like 14.Funhouse.mp3 even though it doesn't have mp3 in the name and it'll still work? *Confuzzled* o_e" OH MAI GOD IT WORKED THANKS! ;D WOOT MOD! >83
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 09:52:50 pm by Haley »

Offline Jadeviran

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 09:57:45 pm »
Sorry for the mistake! xux; And no, you put the file type after it. Let's say it's a .wav file.
It would be filenamehere.wav or filenamehere.mp3.

Offline Ducky

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 10:04:29 pm »
If I want a whole group of music to play.. Like the Pink collection, how would I get that to a folder in Feralheart so that it would play in my map? -_O"