Author Topic: Uploading a Map  (Read 2108 times)

XxInsaneAsylumxX

Uploading a Map
« on: September 23, 2012, 02:41:36 am »
So, Ive exported my map, I just need to get it on here. I am not using MediaFire, but SendSpace. I only need to know how I am supposed to do this. Do I just put the FeralIslands.FHM file on SendSpace, ALL the files, or do I just copy them and make them into a new file, then browse and find it? This is my first map, so I need it to be explained as simple as possible. ;w;

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Uploading a Map
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 06:06:03 am »
Once you've exported your map I believe that you go to your Feral Heart folder in the exports and there you will find those exported files like .fhm (The actual map file), .fho (Any objects), .fhs (The sky), .fhw (Any weather cycles), and so forth.
Find these files and put them all into a folder possibly by dragging them on to your desktop and then compress your folder and upload it to a file sharing website such a SendSpace in your case. You press browse on the SendSpace to find the exact location of where that compressed folder with all your files should be. If you save it on the desktop just use the browse and direct the upload from the desktop. Hope that helps Asylum :) I'm not to familiar with SendSpace since I use 4shared for my files.

XxInsaneAsylumxX

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 06:17:20 am »
okay, thanks. One more question: what if people cant see certain objects? I made sure the .fho files were in the compressed file, but I guess the exporting didnt complete or something

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 06:22:24 am »
I went through this the other day with a friend's map. Just make sure you gave them all the right files especially the MyObjects.fho file(s) I believe. And make sure they are placing their files in the right place. If they need help you can always direct them here :
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10423.msg145032#msg145032
and they should read the "How to install a map someone else made" section.

Also Tip:Just a tip make sure that they know not to put .fho files into the "Objects" Folder. Put them into "My Objects" instead.(FH > Media > Objects > My_Objects).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 04:42:03 pm by LordSuragaha »

XxInsaneAsylumxX

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 06:24:40 am »
Okie, thankies Sura .w.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 06:27:44 am »
You're welcome. I hope that works and if it does you guys have plenty fun :)