Author Topic: Canine model all wonky. :I [FIXED, thankees. :3 ]  (Read 3450 times)

Elohi Adanvdo

Canine model all wonky. :I [FIXED, thankees. :3 ]
« on: April 04, 2013, 09:27:15 pm »
I downloaded Brokami's HD textures, EMB, and Realistic Character stuff.

I copied and pasted the files for the character realism a few times to see if coding was missing, and all of a sudden my feline and canine models are now blocky and unrefined; I feel that it's the shading that's making them appear off. They basically have shading that only fills in the UV blocks, and there's no curves or anything natural to the shading. Any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:05:48 pm by Elohi Adanvdo »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Canine model all wonky. :I
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 09:39:03 pm »
When things like this happen your best bet to get things back to normal is usually to just reinstall the game into another location of your computer and drag and drop the files you replaced, lost, or possibly damaged into your FH folder to replace them... however if that doesn't help still you might have to just uninstall your game and delete the Feral Heart folder and then reinstall. (If you go with that last option be sure to back up all of your important files like presets, maps, and screenshots etc.)

Elohi Adanvdo

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 09:45:53 pm »
When things like this happen your best bet to get things back to normal is usually to just reinstall the game into another location of your computer and drag and drop the files you replaced, lost, or possibly damaged into your FH folder to replace them... however if that doesn't help still you might have to just uninstall your game and delete the Feral Heart folder and then reinstall. (If you go with that last option be sure to back up all of your important files like presets, maps, and screenshots etc.)
It's nothing terrible that would require those measures; I happen to have backup files. Thanks anyways.

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 09:59:39 pm »
Brokamis shading is meant to be blocky, I at first didn't like it that much either, if you don't like it I would recommend getting rid of it. I myself prefer it, but, that's my opinion.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 10:02:31 pm »
Can you provide a screenshot then?

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 10:17:15 pm »
Are you sure his stuff is meant to be blocky? I have it all installed and it's quite smooth;

As for the actual problem, if you really wanted to keep Bro's stuff, maybe you should check in these places;
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10423.msg144821#msg144821
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&lang=en&jfile=index.php&topic=514.0

Good luck.

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 10:51:06 pm »
aah maybe its the performance version but I saw the posts that brokami put up and it seamed like it should be that way.

Offline Tokoa

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Orange.
    • View Profile
    • http://tokoas.deviantart.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 11:21:24 pm »
I don't think it's ment to be blocky.
But if it happens to be blocky to you as you said it is.. then yes replace them with your back up files.

Icon by Aveo and sig by WingsandFeathers on DeviantArt.

Elohi Adanvdo

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 11:57:52 pm »
I'm going to have to mess around with it... I guess that doing the copy and paste more than once creates an error with the coding, so yeah. XD