Author Topic: Mesh Help  (Read 1066 times)

XxInsaneAsylumxX

Mesh Help
« on: September 02, 2013, 03:15:50 am »
So, I was making a map, and, well, I wanted to make certain meshes match the terrain. Then I realized, I had not a clue how to do that. And my question: How do I make meshes (such as the default cave) match the terrain of my map?

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Mesh Help
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 03:47:22 am »
Go into your object maker, and type in the mesh. Then you can type in a material file, then that terrain look should show up on your mesh. You can always look around in your main objects folder for material files, and I think it's even possible to make your own. Good luck.
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 08:48:27 am »
I'm not sure if the game comes with material scripts for all the terrain images, so here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a5bggd4fj9g8s3x/TerrainMaterial.material

You will have to make a new code/script for each image you want to use on an object, such as the default cave.

Place it in your Feralheart>> Media>> Terrains>> Textures folder. Open it up with Notepad or Notepad++ and you will see this:

material MATERIALNAMEHERE
{
   receive_shadows on
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         lighting off
         texture_unit
         {
            texture IMAGENAME.jpg
            scale 0.05 0.05
         }
      }
   }
}

Change this to whatever you want. I would call it the name of the terrain image for example, Darkgreengrass.

Change this to the image name you are using in your map. All the images are in the same folder so you can find the names for the ones you want to use. Keep the .jpg at the end because all the terrain textures are .jpg format already.

If you plan on using more than one terrain texture then just simply copy the code and paste it underneath.

Once you have made a material for each of the terrain textures you want to use just click File>> Save to save it and remember the material name you have given the texture.

Open Feralheart>> Tools>> Object Maker>> Mesh load the mesh you want to change the texture to. Default cave is called cave1.mesh so type that into the Mesh box and click Add New. Then you want to change the name in the Material box to the material you have made in the .material file:

material Darkgreengrass

Once you have changed the objects texture you will have to save it in a new object group. Name it GrassyCave and make the Object Group name Terrain Objects for example. Then just go to Map Maker and find the object group and your mesh will be there.

I hope this helps :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

XxInsaneAsylumxX

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 12:47:03 am »
Excellent, thanks.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile