Author Topic: Items Help  (Read 1865 times)

XxInsaneAsylumxX

Items Help
« on: August 04, 2014, 05:41:07 pm »
Hello, yes, another issue from me... uvu
But, anyway. I've been having this issue for well over a year with different item packs, and I never asked for help on it. I'd just figured it was because of my sucky laptop.
But, whenever I have the .cfg file for Pawsome Pack v5 in the Feralheart folder, the game will crash in crowded maps or over a period of time in moderately filled maps and private maps. I never understood why this was happening, and it won't work at all for DirectX or whatever it is.
Is there anyway to fix this? Or am I just stuck keeping items turned off?

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
Re: Items Help
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 06:09:19 pm »
Hmmm...
Have you done everything correctly with the items pack? What I mean is have you putted everything in the correct order?

Example.

-Open the downloaded folder of the items with WinRAR
-Copy all the files containing .png, .jpeg, .object and stuff, but leave the .cfg file out of that
-Paste the copied stuff to FeralHeart >> media >> items. If it asks you to replace anything, press 'All Yes'
-Go back to the main FeralHeart folder and paste the .cfg file there. If it asks you to replace it, press 'Yes'
-Close the FeralHeart folder, the downloaded item pack folder and open FeralHeart.exe Try it then

Just let me know if you did so, if it is what you did, let me know true Private Message or here and I'll help you in anyway I can. ;)

Good Luck! ^.^

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

XxInsaneAsylumxX

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 03:21:23 am »
Yes, I made sure that was what I did. But I truly believe it's my laptop's fault, unable to handle the amount of memory.
I was only trying to see if there was a possible way to fix it. But like many other issues I've had with FH alone, there's probably no way to fix it. But thankyou for the help. c:

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 12:18:44 pm »
If this crashing is happening often, then you might want to delete the Pawsome pack items, it won't be good for your game~

Though I could suggest removing any maps you do not use anymore if you have any, they usually take up quite a lot. Or possibly download the items on a clean slate and make sure eveything is in the right place. Also, when you're in a map with a lot of people (usually maps when reaching the max number limit) it will tend to crash for ya, it isn't your laptop's fault ^^

Hope this helped in any way~

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

XxInsaneAsylumxX

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 08:12:20 pm »
I did as you suggested, but it still crashes, even in Lonely Cave. But, I guess I can get over it and just delete the items pack. Thanks for the help, though. Deleting the unwanted maps actually made the game faster, so thanks for that suggestion! :p
I really do think it's my laptop. It has Windows Starter 7, so it doesn't have much memory to begin with. I was surprised that FH even worked on it. But oh well. Maybe one day I will have a decent computer to play FH without so many issues. One can only dream.