Author Topic: Exported Presets Not Showing Up In Character Maker  (Read 3463 times)

Offline PennsylvaniaRedneck

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Message me roleplay links, I'd love to join.
    • View Profile
Exported Presets Not Showing Up In Character Maker
« on: November 23, 2014, 03:21:56 am »
My presets weren't showing up outside the Preset Maker, so I exported them. But they're still not showing up. How do I fix this? Do I need to put the material and image files in the Preset folder as well as the My _preset folder or something?
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." ~ Sarah Williams

My interests include art, reading, roleplaying, writing, Asssassin's Creed, Doctor Who, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Marvel comics and movies, Merlin BBC, Once Upon A Time, Percy Jackson, Sherlock BBC, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, and Wolf's Rain.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Exported Presets Not Showing Up In Character Maker
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 01:10:46 pm »
The main problems to this would be if you have any numbers or symbols in your username. This would corrupt the preset file and most likely will not export the preset. Or if it does, it will not show on your character creator. Maybe you have more than 16 characters in your username.

However, if this isn't the case, you can try going to FeralHeart\Presets and delete your preset from there and try exporting again.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 11:24:17 pm »
I can login and use a character fine. I'm just unable to use my presets. Thanks for trying to help.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." ~ Sarah Williams

My interests include art, reading, roleplaying, writing, Asssassin's Creed, Doctor Who, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Marvel comics and movies, Merlin BBC, Once Upon A Time, Percy Jackson, Sherlock BBC, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, and Wolf's Rain.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 02:18:46 am »
heres a step by step way to do this
1: Go into my_presets and then click one or two.
2: Edit them your way with GIMP or Photo shop, you can use color by the way.
3: Save a head, eyes, body and tail as a .jpg file.
4: make sure the game is already closed, then open it up and click the file number you saved it in and enjoy your new preset :3

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 02:26:06 am »
Angelica - I've done that. But for some reason they aren't showing up ingame, just in the Preset Maker.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 03:03:04 am »
Ah, try replacing the files with the preset you have!

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 03:05:09 am »
Try going to this to see if it will help, http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=16 if the link isn't click-able, just copy paste it in the search bar

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 04:15:49 pm »
Angelica - That's actually the tutorial I used to make my presets! I can do everything shown in the tutorial. But ingame, it isn't showing up.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 04:45:36 pm »
There might be somethin' wrong with yer exporter. I've heard of users before who's presets couldn't be seen by others no matter what they may have attempted to fix. While the situation might not be exact, this could be a vice versa affect. What they have done was they re-downloaded the game (feel free to save any maps/presets/items/etc in a seperate folder beforehand so ye' can transfer them over) and once they did, things seemed to be workin' just fine.
I've never heard of this problem before so my suggestion is all that I can presume to be of similarity.
gone

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 05:08:56 pm »
Vespian - Actually, it stopped working because I redownloaded the game. So I re-re-downloaded the game and it's still not working.