Author Topic: Game not Downloading properly??  (Read 2264 times)

Offline wolvesrock890221

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • SLUGS GO WELL WITH GRANOLA BARS
    • View Profile
Game not Downloading properly??
« on: June 01, 2015, 10:44:06 pm »
hiya umm, i literally just came back onto the game, but when i tried downloading the game onto my computer (Acer Aspire E 15) it won't work. I've tried everything that I know how to do. I've uninstalled it and tried installing again, but that's not working. And then when I tried the last couple of times, when it's downloading it comes up with a message saying that a 'code 5' has an error downloading and i have a choice whether or not to abort the download or ignore it.
Please help as I'm dying to play again haha, thank you! :]

just started again!!

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
Re: Game not Downloading properly??
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 10:51:25 pm »
I don't know much about the type of computer our using, but my guess would be that your computer is blocking the download. (i have no idea what code 5 is tho). But I would go to your settings and (since I don't know anything about your computer) allow your computer to download apps from the internet. On my laptop there is a "security and Privacy" tab in my setting which allows me to change what can be downloaded to my lap top.
Hope this helps. Not that I really recommended much..
pm for free art i need practice

Offline wolvesrock890221

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 11:05:33 pm »
okay, i'll try that thank you

and it says that the code 5 is part of a folder, but doesn't state which one. just thought i'd say that since it's confusing me haha

just started again!!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 11:07:09 pm »
It's possible that your anti-virus (if you have one) is blocking parts of the download.

If the downloading and re-downloading didn't work, try downloading the game by selecting the Torrent option.

Not sure if I'm much of a help, but let me know if it works.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline wolvesrock890221

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 11:22:17 pm »
i tried that again, and it downloaded but when i click on it it comes up with a window and says 'windows is searching for file'. :/ i also changed the settings, but it's not really doing that much

oh and i forgot to mention that when i first downloaded it, it worked, but then crashed and closed? would that have affected the downloads or ..?

just started again!!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 11:24:27 pm »
i tried that again, and it downloaded but when i click on it it comes up with a window and says 'windows is searching for file'. :/

oh and i forgot to mention that when i first downloaded it, it worked, but then crashed and closed? would that have affected the downloads or ..?

You say that you first downloaded it, it worked, then crashed, and closed. The next time you tried opening the game, did it crash again/just not load, or did you uninstall it then?

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline wolvesrock890221

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 11:28:49 pm »
it crashed my whole computer, i had to restart it, change the settings back to normal and then i tried again, but it didn't work. like when i clicked on it it didn't work at all. so yes, i uninstalled it after.

i honestly think this is the worst computer though, so ahah

just started again!!

Offline Warriorstrike

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 11:41:08 pm »
it crashed my whole computer, i had to restart it, change the settings back to normal and then i tried again, but it didn't work. like when i clicked on it it didn't work at all. so yes, i uninstalled it after.

i honestly think this is the worst computer though, so ahah

Oh, I believe you. I just recently bought a new computer because mine was terrible.

As Shay mentioned above, I also don't know much about your computer type. It's possible that it doesn't store enough available data space (I say this to a lot of people because my friend tried downloading FH on her laptop and wasn't able due to lack of data space) or as some computer techs refer to it as "white use," meaning your computer can only function under specific, necessary actions, such as Internet access, word documents, ect, ect.. I only say this because I haven't heard great things (such as storage availability) about Acer computers, but I'm no Geek Squad, so I could be wrong.

I don't really know a whole lot about computers, and there's not much I can think of to help you.

When you tried re-installing the game, and it gives you the option to abort the download or ignore it, I'd suggest ignoring it, but I don't want to ruin your computer. I'll get back to you if I can think of anything else.

Offline wolvesrock890221

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 12:07:39 am »
okay, thank you so much for trying to help though. and honestly, i hate acer computers (or basically any computer that isn't by apple ^^'). i'll get back to you if anything happens.

just started again!!

Offline Warriorstrike

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 12:09:44 am »
okay, thank you so much for trying to help though. and honestly, i hate acer computers (or basically any computer that isn't by apple ^^'). i'll get back to you if anything happens.

Got it. I'm really sorry I couldn't help much. I guess computer technical malfunctions just aren't my thing. I hope you figure something out, though. Not to mention, some of the other members might have more insight to help you.