Author Topic: Object Help  (Read 964 times)

XxInsaneAsylumxX

Object Help
« on: July 29, 2015, 08:02:43 pm »
Yeesh, I probably have asked this several times before..
But how can I make an object match the map terrain? I'm sure there is a tutorial somewhere that I simply can't find. I know I had one bookmarked on my old laptop.
Can anyone help?

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Object Help
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 01:05:06 pm »
So you want the objects' textures to match the terrain texture? It simply requires a new material to be made.

If you go to your Feralheart >> Media >> Terrains >> Textures folder, you can find all the available textures you can use. All you need to do here is get the name and format you want to use, for example 'deepgreenGrass.jpg'.

Now, you can go to any Object folder, such as the Rocks folder, then copy and paste the 'rock.material' file and rename it. Open it up with a program such as Notepad, you can do this by right-clicking the file and choosing "Open" or "Open With..." then selecting the program. Opening it up, you will find this:

material rockMat
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         cull_hardware none
         cull_software none
         texture_unit
         {
            texture rockTex.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}

This part you can name whatever you like. The name you type in is what you'll need to type into Object Maker to make the texture show up on the object. So for example you can call it "DeepGreenGrassTex".

Remember the name of the image? Just place that in this part, remember to include the .jpg at the end.

Once you edit it, go ahead and click File >> Save. Now you can open Feralheart and go to Object Maker. Load the object and in the second tab -with the object selected- click the 'Material' box and whatever you typed in as your material name is what you put here. Following my example, DeepGreenGrassTex should make that texture appear on the object. You can go ahead and save it now.

I hope this helps :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

XxInsaneAsylumxX

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 05:09:40 am »
I thought that's what I had done.. But thank you. I eventually figured it out with your help. c:

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 11:36:55 am »
Glad I could help :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.