Author Topic: is what they are doing acceptable?  (Read 2587 times)

Offline shuesh

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: is what they are doing acceptable?
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 04:20:25 pm »
i did block them but one unblocked themself (but they did block me back moments after to quick for me to catch a screenshot though)

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 04:37:55 pm »
As everyone above said, talking to the staff is the best approach but I wanted to add a little suggestion

{Please keep in mind I am only suggesting this as it has gone into your YouTube life.}

There has been a few people who cause quite a ruckus when they don't have the right to. I remember one time there was two people {who eventually admitted they copied a Youtuber} that got The Grounds in quite a war, it got to the point when people were getting very upset and a few hateful words slipped out so myself and another person stepped in and talked to each of them in whisper. We all came to an agreement that they didn't have to delete the characters as everyone was telling them but change something just slightly like the mane color.

Another time, I had spent just over 20 minutes creating a character and I adored her to bits but when I joined somebody asked me politely if I had copied someone because I looked JUST like them, I told them I didn't and simply went off and changed the markings which is a bit more drastic then what I'd actually suggest but it looked good either way. That is my suggestion, if it fits your character perhaps changing something will calm things down for you.

I hope you don't get me wrong, no one should have to change their character and I'm not forcing you to at all as it is just a suggestion but seeing as it has escalated to your personal life {being YouTube} it may make things a bit easier for you.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 04:39:57 pm by Chipz »

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 06:35:54 pm »
People will not get punished for simply having a character that looks similar to someone else

However, the unblock trick counts as harassment and is unacceptable. I know you said you didn't get a chance to get a screenshot of this, but if anyone ever does it to you again really try to get the screenshot

Feel free to pm me about this if you haven't yet contacted a staff member and include any and all screenshots you think are necessary to send in

I'm sorry you had to experience this!
Farewell everyone<3

Offline shuesh

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2017, 07:04:30 pm »
People will not get punished for simply having a character that looks similar to someone else

However, the unblock trick counts as harassment and is unacceptable. I know you said you didn't get a chance to get a screenshot of this, but if anyone ever does it to you again really try to get the screenshot

Feel free to pm me about this if you haven't yet contacted a staff member and include any and all screenshots you think are necessary to send in

I'm sorry you had to experience this!

ok this can be locked i sent you a PM of it

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2017, 07:20:21 pm »
Locking this. Thanks for all the helpful information you all provided!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.